The Flyer

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, April 18, 2005, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X38

You do what you have to do. When it's all done and you've got a few k on the odo and a huge grin to go with it, what's a little extra effort "back then."

All the best with it.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "kb426"Sorry for the extra work. I really like your idea. I've seen about a thousand track t's but not one truck. Plus, I'm a truck guy. Never know when you might need to haul something. Parts, beer, pretty girls, new toys, etc.

.I started collecting parts for this car 30 years ago, but I didn't know exactly what form it would take. As I collected parts I knew it was gonna be a track roadster and probably 7 or 8 years ago I saw a picture of a CRA track roadster pickup - not an exceptional car but something about it stuck. Then as I saw more track roadsters with turtle decks over the next few years I decided that it had to be a roadster pickup. The pure T track roadsters have about enough trunk sdpace for a battery, a towel and a change of clothes. I wanted the rig to be a reacher in term of space, so here's my version.

I'm anxious to get it done and hope to drive it this summer.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

X38

You've thrown me for a loop.  The next project I've been accumulating parts for is an old school highboy A RPU on 32 rails. The one AFTER that was a track T.  As you guys say "Dang!"  Now the brain starts ticking all over again. Guess I can sit on that one while I finish the current project.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "X38"You've thrown me for a loop.  The next project I've been accumulating parts for is an old school highboy A RPU on 32 rails. The one AFTER that was a track T.  As you guys say "Dang!"  Now the brain starts ticking all over again. Guess I can sit on that one while I finish the current project.

Good to meet another "next project pile" guy. My next one is a '32 roadster that I started collecting parts for about 3-1/2 years ago with the purchase of a DuVall windshield. Have about 95% of a hiboy or maybe 85% of a fendered car. I will probably run out of tape measure before I run out of projects.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

X38

Could start a thread about the smallest/dumbest/least significant part that started a project.

A friend of mine has been hoarding an ancient Hurst 3 speed shifter for years and is constantly threatening to build a car around it. Not a lot of prospects for a 3 speed though.

He'd have better luck with his Weiand flatty heads!

Oh yes, did you build the track nose yourself? it's a good looking one.

32coupe

Hey..........I started my coupe from a Hillborne style scoop  :D
OH, and a shifter.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "X38"
Oh yes, did you build the track nose yourself? it's a good looking one.

The nose and grille insert came from Superior Glass in Oregon. The shell turned out to be wider than I was told on the phone, so it was way wide for my already pinched frame built while I was waiting. So I whacked about an inch and a half out of the center which made fitting the grille a real challenge. I maybe would try building one out of aluminum if I had it to do over now, but no point in it just for the exercise. I've learned a bit more about working aluminum since I started this car but I'm painfully slow at it.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

bcal

That's very similar to the rexrod I have been envisioning for some time  :D
I started out with 27T body but have settled for an A instead (in my mind that is). Same nose as well, so it's good to hear who makes them as I wasn't looking forward to making my own.
What powerplant you using? Mine was going to be something a bit different.
A WRX flat 4 in the pickup bed. Already measured one up and it fits easy.
Time flies when you\'re no longer young
Brett.

X38

Oh you are a lone wolf aren't you BCal!

bcal

Quote from: "X38"Oh you are a lone wolf aren't you BCal!
you bet ya  :wink:
Arrrhooooooooooooooooo..........
Time flies when you\'re no longer young
Brett.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "bcal"
What powerplant you using?

I'm using a '69 Nova 153, bored .060, dual side draft webers with a T-50 BW 5-speed (Chevy Vega and clones), S-10 2WD rear end.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

Ohio Blue Tip

Still looks sweet, now I'm still waiting for the fire up day so we can hear how that puppy sounds! :-o  :-o
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Uncle Bob

Charlie, the biggest thing I see wrong with your car is it's got your name on the title instead of mine! :wink:  Track T's rock!!
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

n.c.rodder

I love it Charlie!! I've always had a soft spot for track T's. Will you save me a ride?

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Mr34

I like your wheel and tyre chioce. Are they 14 inches?
I highly rate 14s, and i think they will be coming back into fashion very soon, once everyone gets bored with 20s and the like.
Cant wait to see EH Holdens cruising around again with deep dish 13 inch dia jelly beans and pumped out guards hanging over them that rub on every bump in the road! Yeah!

I know you all cant wait too~!