The Flyer

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, April 18, 2005, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

My track roadster pickup is coming along fairly well and I finally think I figured out how to post a picture or two. Bear with me.

Just did the nose scallop this weekend and started sanding the nose to rub it out.

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Sean

Lookin' good... :D Are the Hood and Doors a different color on purpose, or is that what you're talking about rubbing out?

Charlie Chops 1940

No, the hood and doors were painted with a diffent paint after I ran out of the first gallon. I'm hoping that color sanding and rubbing the 2 different oranges will bring them closer together. The old paint has a year of garage grime and the new paint is pretty "green". Good eye, and it has been bugging me for the last couple weeks since i did the "new" paint.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

chris spokes

8) hey charlie you should tidy up your shed  :lol: nice ride mate
he who has the most toys wins

X38

Man that's a sweet little truck!
I trust you've got a short laid back windshield? Are they F truck taillights?

Maybe it's the photo, but I don't fancy your chances with the orange color match. Here's hoping!

Love to see it all done.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "X38"Man that's a sweet little truck!
I trust you've got a short laid back windshield? Are they F truck taillights?

Maybe it's the photo, but I don't fancy your chances with the orange color match. Here's hoping!

Love to see it all done.

The windshield is a 3 pc. Duvall style that doesn't have a top.  I'm hoping too, and have at least two chance...slim and none probably.

A Hooligan!

X38

What paint? Is it posible to rub and do an orange flow coat?

Screen sounds good.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "X38"What paint? Is it posible to rub and do an orange flow coat?

Screen sounds good.

Sikkens U-tech. Oh yeah, the tail lights are F100.

A Hooligan!

n.c.rodder

Looking good bud!! Can't wait to see it in person.

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

purplepickup

Wow Charlie!  I really like it.  Those many hours paid off quite well, eh?

I like the color combination.  It's clean and simple but racy at the same time....perfect for a track roadster.  

The colors remind me a little of the old Gulf Oil colors.  Fill 'er up with No-nox, sir? :D

George

kb426

Looking good. Good luck with the color match. If you were me, you'd be figureing out how much you have to repaint because you know it doesn't match.
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

I tried color sanding adjacent panels this morning. No dice. Will have to repaint the old...not a biggy. Well, it's more work but necessary.

A Hooligan!

Sean

Thats a neat little truck.

My wife even likes it and she usually doesn't care for Street Rods. The only older Cars she ever pays attention to are first generation Camaro's... :roll:

phat rat

Quote from: "chris spokes"8) hey charlie you should tidy up your shed  :lol: nice ride mate

Ya his garage is always that messy. Charlie, I was wondering if you'd leave the color like that. Just didn't want too say anything.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

Sorry for the extra work. I really like your idea. I've seen about a thousand track t's but not one truck. Plus, I'm a truck guy. Never know when you might need to haul something. Parts, beer, pretty girls, new toys, etc.
TEAM SMART