Hey George!

Started by Cword, March 02, 2004, 11:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cword

PM or email me a mailing address and I'll send you a copy of the latest "Canadian Rodder"
I'm sure you'll want one, cause when you open the cover there's a picture of your truck on the salt in there.

Mike
--

HotRodLadyCrusr

Mike, can you scan it and post it for the rest of us to see???  8)

Congrats George, thats very cool!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

Thanks Mike.  I PM'd you my address.  

I'm curious to see what it looks like.  I took about 40 pictures of it last year on the salt and only two or three were what I'd call acceptable.  That color is hard to photograph and the truck doesn't seem to look right if it isn't posing in the right position.  

But hey, I'll never complain no matter what.  Somebody must have liked it enough to put it in their magazine. :D  :D

Thanks again.
George

Cword

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Mike, can you scan it and post it for the rest of us to see???  8)

Aww sure...

mike
--

Jokester

[George,

I think your truck looks right from any angle!

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

Slick 50

Mike,

Do you have any info on Chris Neilsen? His RPU was shown in your article.

Someone mentioned a fellow with that name who is in cahoots with Doc Fromader and is grinding cams for older Caddy engines.

Might he be the guy? If so does anyone have any contact info?
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

Jimc

Congrats, George.
I, too, think your truck looks good from any angle.
I noticed Brian Bass' from the HAMB made the article, too.

Confrats, again, George!

Jim
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

Sean

I think it looks good too. The stance is perfect and the color sets it off from all the Red and Yellow ones running around.

purplepickup

Thanks guys.  A guy told me recently that my truck was "period nothing" and it lacked a theme.  At first that kind of bothered me but the more I thought about it I think I'm glad that it doesn't fit any mold.  That kind of fits my personality.  I'm a lost soul in a world of followers too.  :shock:

The truck was built with things that were at hand, either in the piles of junk laying around or junkyard parts.  If I did follow any theme, it was the "keep it simple, stupid" one.  Some things aren't real well thought out, they're more of a reaction to a need.   It's one of those cars that you either like or you don't.  My real satisfaction comes when it brings smiles to people's faces as we're going down the road.

Thanks for including it in your article Mike. :D  :D
George

Cword

Quote from: "Slick 50"Mike,

Do you have any info on Chris Neilsen?

Slick, Chris is Sodbuster on the HAMB, but I think he just shares the moniker with the fellow you're trying to track down.  He and his wife Jen spent their honeymoon in 2002 on the salt and returned last year.  I've PM'd him about the article and will do the same for Brian Bass. I imagine OFOF will see the thread here too.

It's funny, rading the article now after a few months I can see lots of mistakes.  But I really like how Gary (CSR Editor) treated the pictures. I'm really looking forward to August now.

Mike
--

sodbuster

Mike,
Thanks for the PM. I click over here every now and then. Cool pix, check your PM's on the other board.

If anyone is looking for other salt pix, go over to starphoto and type in "Saltflats03" and there are some digi's that I took this past year.

Chris Nelson
Kansas

flt-blk

I'm famous over here too.  My grill and hood ornament is hi-lighting
Mike's car and trailer.  If you look close you can see the 8" spider web
from the rock I caught in NM on the trip out.

I remember that moment too, you got rooked in a trade for some
Lonestar beer.

I have two great pictures from the salt last year,
One I see every time I look up from my desk at work, B&W Nose to Nose
My A-Truck and Rodney's A-Coupe with a Yblock as the sun is going down

Second 4 cars pulled over at the Hoover dam same two cars above plus,
Bass' 49 and BigRic's Black 40, B&W looks like it could have been taken in 1950

Where's my jar of salt, I need a taste.
TZ
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang

Cword

Hey Flt-blk

Here's the reason I could relate to your rock-star

Makes you glad to have a windshield.

mike
--

flt-blk

Quote from: "Cword"Hey Flt-blk
Makes you glad to have a windshield.
mike

I'm also glad it's flat,  $25 later and I had another waiting to go in.

Between me and my buddy (who continued to Alaska from B'ville) we
have used 3 windshields.  I have one more piece of glass leaning against
the wall until we need to restock.
TZ
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang

OFOF

That's a great article Mike.  I really enjoyed the photo of me with Liz and all of the others.  The only downside to the sparkler thingies that I brought to the salt was that using them resulted in a few burn holes in my new Canadian Rodder shirt.  Oh well, it now has a little more character. :lol:
Don.
Don Palfreyman