Red River Street Rods

Started by alchevy, April 15, 2005, 11:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

I'm off to Shreveport, LA (actually Bossier City, LA) on Saturday to go to the Super Run put on by the Red River Street Rods. It goes on the whole weekend, but my '40 Chevy is still down, so I won't be driving it.  I changed the spark plugs todayand it is running better, but the transmission is still not shifting out of 1st gear. It's a turbo 350 tranny. Looks like I will have to try the old modulator valve again. The oil gauge has been showing low pressure and I just changed the oil. Worked around the house today, so didn't get much time to work on the car. I will bring back lots of pictures from the car show.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Had 95 registered cars at this car show. The weather was great! Here's a sampling of the best I saw.

I will get the rest of the pictures uploaded to the web.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

kb426

TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

WOW...I like that red Caddy.  Thanks for the pix.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

alchevy

Thanks for the comments. You can see the larger pictures and the rest of the pictures on my website at: http://www.astreetrodder.com/05rrsr.htm

Enjoy 'em,
AL

www.astreetrodder.com