options for a bonnet(hood) for 34 ford coupe

Started by aussie34, April 11, 2005, 09:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie34

Is anyone making 34 hood and sides from glass or steel
Also options for 34 grill I have heard someone is making plastic repros?
Prefer steel Thanks love this site

Dave

Waddington's 34 Roadster Ute shown on another post runs a new Rottleib hood from the states. They are very nice indeed, beautiful fit and I believe available in various styles. The grille is made in Bendigo (That is just over an hour up the road from you!) and a steel reproduction. Deuce Customs has glass ones available. Give Kelvin a call at Waddington's Street Rods and Restos in Castlemaine and ask him the details for the grille info.

aussie34

Quote from: "Dave"Waddington's 34 Roadster Ute shown on another post runs a new Rottleib hood from the states. They are very nice indeed, beautiful fit and I believe available in various styles. The grille is made in Bendigo (That is just over an hour up the road from you!) and a steel reproduction. Deuce Customs has glass ones available. Give Kelvin a call at Waddington's Street Rods and Restos in Castlemaine and ask him the details for the grille info.

Thanks Dave I worked in Bendigo for a couple of years and it is just a quick trip up the road for me.
I had seen grills on Drakes US site but would need to mortgage the house to afford one Appreciate the info cheers Col

Dave

Quote from: "aussie34"Is anyone making 34 hood and sides from glass or steel

If your doing a 34 consider a 33 grille.. They look a lot better than the 34. Of course im state side but I had a downs on my 34 and it came out great. Hercules motor car used to do 34 hoods and they were kick azzzzz but ive heard they quit the hood business.
Dave

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "aussie34"Is anyone making 34 hood and sides from glass or steel

I think you're right, but I cannot remember who was making the fibreglass hoods just south of Sydney.  Was it Vintec (Vinteck?)?

X38

I think you're right PD. Bills grilles makes glass surround/ss insert grilles.

Pays to buy the Aussie rod mags. Most all these people advertise there.