New Steel 1934 Roadster Pickup bodies!

Started by Dave, April 10, 2005, 07:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Brand new 1934 ford Roadster Pickup bodies are now being made downunder here in Australia (in Castlemaine)! See below a picture of what they look like when finished! Note that this car has been built Left Hand Drive and will be off to the U.S. soon for display at major events along with a bare steel body. I understand that they are built mostly for the U.S. market and sure do look nice. A web site is apparently on the way soon with more information (will post details when it is up). The repro grille on this car is also Aussie made! (different company)

Now a rear view. Choose your own light treatment!

This is how the bodies come (but without chassis)

DRD57

Are those coming from the Waddington shop?

Roadstar

Looks more alike a UTE than a RPU.

It is cool though.

Jahoota

noice.

have waddingstons (it is them is it not???) sling me one and I'll drive it around for free advertising what a wonderful product it is. Heck, I'll even drive it accross the states so everyone can see it!  :D
Paint chips add character...

Jimmy B

Quote from: "DRD57"Are those coming from the Waddington shop?
Yup, the first ten are heading your way. There was a section in the last Australian Street Rodding mag about them.

Quote from: "Roadstar"
Looks more alike a UTE than a RPU.
yes it is a Ute.

47convert

Trick! How much are they going for? My buddy has an aussie 32 that looks a lot like that (real though) Deuce roadster doors and cowl. Wonder if I could get one shipped to Canada instead of paying taxes etc in two countries.

Dave

Yeah dopey me. I called it a Roadster Pickup and it is in fact a copy of the original Aussie Roadster Utility (ute) which I believe was available only in Australia. The side is all one piece from the door back rather than having a separate pickup bed. It is the Waddington one and I had a pretty close look at it. Sure does look nice. I would do different tail lights and wheels (and it would be black!) but hey that is just me. I understand the 'driver' shown has a U.S. made hood (we call it a bonnet), glass guards and is running a Chev 350/T350.

Jimmy B

On the subject of utes but the Chev kind there is a guy from NSW that makes '28 Chev ute quarters I saw them at the Toowoomba Swap Meet, but can't remember much more about them :? .

ram-rod

yep that looks great any idea who did the flames it looks like shane abbots
work
Dodge Brothers the Masochist\'s Marque
where pain and suffering is in a rusty art form   :(D)

TJ's Dad

Quoteyep that looks great any idea who did the flames it looks like shane abbots
work

I believe Matt Egan did the flames.. he is one of the best about , I had a close look at the job he did on Gary Young's   (aka Flamed36) Coupe , just awesome!

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Mr34

No word on pricing yet. I read the article in ASR (that i only got yesterday!) and it says the price is not confirmed as yet.
I am real curious though...!

I am impressed a the work on the ute (from the pictures), i would like to see their 300 tonne press.

X38

On a slightly different tac, I have a mate who makes rear panels for the 35/36 roadster ute if anyone has a cowl and door they want to do something interesting (and useful!) with. Not to mention restoring an original 35/36 roadster ute.

I believe they can also be used to rebuild the rear of same model coupe utes as well.*

*There are differences between 35's and 6's as well as roadster and coupe utes, but if you're in that deep you'll be able to make anything work.

halfdone

Quote from: "X38"On a slightly different tac, I have a mate who makes rear panels for the 35/36 roadster ute if anyone has a cowl and door they want to do something interesting (and useful!) with. Not to mention restoring an original 35/36 roadster ute.

I believe they can also be used to rebuild the rear of same model coupe utes as well.*

*There are differences between 35's and 6's as well as roadster and coupe utes, but if you're in that deep you'll be able to make anything work.

PM me the details please, I have a mate that is looking for a set

halfdone

I have a 37 Roadster ute in my projects pile

Way Less than halfdone  8)