Whazzat about Melbourne (Oz) weather? or 2 Bays Rod Run

Started by Carps, April 10, 2005, 04:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ's Dad

Glad it went well Greg ... obviously well organised.

All those pics and i cant see a bluddy thing ... Grrrrrrrrrrr !!

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

bcal

Glad to see you still have the passion Greg  :D

Carps, are you sure that this event was in Melbourne?
I mean, the sky looks a little too blue and the rain just a little too heavy.
From what I can remember it's all grey skies and drizzle down there this time of year.
Must be that global warming thing.
Great pic BTW
Time flies when you\'re no longer young
Brett.

Jimmy B

Cool pics Carps, as usual :D . Who's Neil Harvey must be Daryl Harvey's brother :wink:  :lol:  
Tell you what, David Green is keen, he was up here for the SR nats.

Does anyone have a spare copy of Rod & Custom July 1963?  :D

flatoz

thanks for the pics carps, looks like a good day. pitty there are still to many things on at once...

that rain looks like drizzle compared to the deluge I drove in to get home, least you had a roof of sorts over your head.

Big G

Everytime I see Darryl Harvey's roadster, I am reminded of being about 16 yrs old & riding my bike (with a couple of mates) from Heidelberg to Newlands Rd Reservior to see what cars were at Dragways (if they were called that back then).

If I get a chance, I will build a similar looking rod to that.
Regards Glynn
There is NUTHIN like a throbbin V8

Carps

Quote from: "PEDDRO"Looks like you guys had a good time. Wish I coulda been in 4 places at once!

Peddro, maybe you need to get rid of that old Mustang and get a real car, I managed Mornington on Friday night, then the Cruise at Chopper's, Saturday I spent time in my shed as instructed by the S.A. state director (striping my aircleaner) and Saturday evening joined the gang in Castle maine for the HRI BBQ, (had a great time) then Sunday back to Mornington for an excellent day, cruising homeward with a bunch of rodders and waving goodbye as each care departed the convoy.

Made it all the way back to Heatherton road before the heavens opened up big time.  Car turned out to be surprisingly weatherproof and even the wiper worked although the gears in the motor are a tad noisy for my liking.

YUP, it was a very good weekend.    :D  :D  :D  :D
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "Brootal"Ummm... because I said nasty things about your Holden front end  :oops:

hey Brootal, maybe you should take a closer look next time you're down this way.  I agree that Holden front end instalations under model A fenbders can look a tad klunky, but closer inspection will revel one of the neatest such installations you'll ever see.  Some of the tricks that make it one of the neatest are very clever and sooooo subtle, that they are easy to miss.

I'm not sayin this to * in his pocket, but Bern's new car deserves a second and even thrid look coz each time you do you'll notice something else clever or cool.
Carps

Bern_32

WHA!!!! who tried to do what in my pocket???

Must have been hard at work and not looking - Eh Carps!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
"Just a Kid in a Hopped Up Model A"

Bern_32

By the way Carps I think you may have misunderstood the SA SD, I think he meant all your time should be spent in the shed, not galavanting around the countryside enjoying yourself, thats just not on!!  :D

Greg Wapling

here's a link to some more photos, kindly taken by one of our sponsors.
Saturday Morning -
http://www.creativesweat.com.au/rods1/index.htm

Saturday Afternoon -
http://www.creativesweat.com.au/rods2/index.htm
Yours in Rodding

Greg Wapling
The years have been very kind to me, it\'s just the weekends that have done the damage.....
Hot Rod Internet - Cruising the cyberhighway Down Under

Carps

Quote from: "Bern_32"By the way Carps I think you may have misunderstood the SA SD, I think he meant all your time should be spent in the shed, not galavanting around the countryside enjoying yourself, thats just not on!!  :D

Oh, sorry, sometimes I have  trouble understanding what this hobby is really all about.  I was even laughing to myself as I drove home in the * rain!   :lol:

Somehow I think tomorrow many will be getting a good lesson/reminder as to what hot rodding is really all about.

So Bern, are you game to attend your second club meeting with a bunch of ratbags who can't stay out in the shed?  Tomorrow night (Thurs), same time same place.
Carps

Bern_32

Yup, Only if you can accept someone that dosen't even have a garage!!!! :shock:

Carps

Quote from: "Bern_32"Yup, Only if you can accept someone that dosen't even have a garage!!!! :shock:

I can cope with that, but some of the others may require lubrication of the bourbon kind in order to overlook it.   :wink:
Carps