Has anybody seen the uhaul sport trailer?

Started by BarryM, March 01, 2004, 08:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryM

I have planned a hot rod trailer for years now and am looking at varouus sheetmetal as resource for a body, sort of a mullins-ish thing to go with wires and model A lights. Inspiration can still be found 6 miles from home on a winter day, saw the coolest trailer i've seen yet.
Skiing last Saturday I saw a uhaul behind a car with a refreshing look, I believe it was labeled sport trailer. A glass pod that had a split top opened both ways, pair of long billet hinges that looked like '30's trunklid. Kind of mid  60's stingray apearance from the rear,  without all the stickers it would have been dynamite.
The car was from Ohio as are most of the weekend clientele. These may have been around for a long time, everything come's to dogpatch last. Capacity would be another issue, not much chance of using it to fetch a new washing machine. But it's about what I had envisioned for size, wonder who manufactures them?

DRD57

I've seen a few of them. Pretty cool shape. If I remember right one of the magazines had a blurb about Uhaul draggin one behind a Bonneville racer when they first came out. I guess they were trting to demonstrate how little aero drag they had.

Bruce Dorsi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

48 Suburban

We pulled one behind our 37 Nash from South Carolina to Evansville Ind. for the frog follies . Never knew it was there.   I would have to rent it a lot to consider building   a Mullins  8) 48 suburban
Lack of planning on your part,
does not constitute an emergency on my part