What can I use from a Mazda 323

Started by aussie34, April 07, 2005, 08:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie34

I have purchased a Ford 34 glass bodied 3w coupe chassis and body and I have my daughters old 86 323 as a donor if I can use any bits
Question is what is really useable on a rod running a stock 302
323 is complete Any assistance appreciated Been a long time since last rod (38 chev) and times have changed

Cragar

I know you can use the door locks I plan to use them on my 32
Why is it flames on a Hotrod are cool?

TJ's Dad

You'll be surprised as you get into it what bits you can use ..

From memory the 323 steering column has ignition horn,indicator, light and wiper switches attached ,you may or may not wanna use it.

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Pep

I think you should join the Aussie forum and keep this to ourselves. I don't think our US brothers have much interset in this :wink:  You probably don't know it exists cause you won't see the directory until you are signed up.
See Ya
Pep

cyberrodder

yes I am waiting for the daught to give here 323 up. (wont be long now)

look at the seats they are certainly small enough (front and rear)

it all depends on how you look at it.

cyber
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

Devilrod

Using a Mazda column allows the use of their Banjo lookalike wheel, the wiring loom always handy especially if you have the wiring diagram for the 323, seats, switches and anything else salvageable.
Speed and Style. One day I\'ll get the speed bit......

aussie34

Quote from: "Pep"I think you should join the Aussie forum and keep this to ourselves. I don't think our US brothers have much interset in this :wink:  You probably don't know it exists cause you won't see the directory until you are signed up.

Thanks for this If you would point me in the direction of the Aussie forum I would appreciate it  Only discovered this site yesterday

Pep

I think I know you Col...I read in your profile you are also into Fender guitars..so you can't be to bad. If someone else can vouch for you, then we will give FatCat the nod. :wink:
See Ya
Pep

grazza

Quote from: "aussie34
Thanks for this If you would point me in the direction of the Aussie forum I would appreciate it  Only discovered this site yesterday[/quote

Introductions all round, dont want no bad people round here :wink:
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

aussie34

Quote from: "Pep"I think I know you Col...I read in your profile you are also into Fender guitars..so you can't be to bad. If someone else can vouch for you, then we will give FatCat the nod. :wink:

Like cars , guitars are better the older they are eg. L series strat
not lucky enough to own one but got a 70 tele that cuts it still

Pep

Quote from: "aussie34"
Quote from: "Pep"I think I know you Col...I read in your profile you are also into Fender guitars..so you can't be to bad. If someone else can vouch for you, then we will give FatCat the nod. :wink:

I had an L....sold it back in 1981. The geeky guy in INXS ended up with it ( candy apple red with rosewood neck )....Wish I had it now :(
See Ya
Pep

aussie34

Quote from: "Pep"
Quote from: "aussie34"

I had an L....sold it back in 1981. The geeky guy in INXS ended up with it ( candy apple red with rosewood neck )....Wish I had it now :(

yeah a friend of mine had one in the 80s sold it and bought himself a cargill  handmade strat shape awsome unit one piece
I have a G&L asat in a cupboard somewhere not bad but not the leo signature model
play for fun thats all How about yourself ??

Mr34

THe Mazdas in 83 were rear wheel drive yes? if that is the case they go really really well with a 13B turbo in them...really good at donuts. Where is Spoolin 20B when I need back up!!!!????

btrc

I don't know much about the Mazda 323 but I've got a few RX3 and RX7 parts on my 427 Cobra and my '37 Ford sedan has MX6 seats.  

Bob
Bob

Spoolin_20B

Quote from: "Mr34"THe Mazdas in 83 were rear wheel drive yes? if that is the case they go really really well with a 13B turbo in them...really good at donuts. Where is Spoolin 20B when I need back up!!!!????

i heard a rumor i was mention on here :D  :D  :D  OMG Im famous

yes you are correct these thing are little weapons with a 13B turbo, if you can get the power down and not brake the diff's you can set your self up one very quick car Btw if it's the model I am thinking of they have the same diff center as a 808
Spoolin Photography