Riddler award

Started by Mikej, March 01, 2004, 08:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

HotRodLadyCrusr

and the winner is...........

The owner was very nice and made probley the best Ridler winner speech I've ever heard, giving everyone alittle background of his STEEL '37. He said it was professionally raced from 58-62 and I believe he said he's owned it for 49 years, 10 years longer then he's been married to his wife. He receieved 2 standing ovations from a room full of his peers. Well deserved, but I still liked "Sedeuced", the Steve Moal, hand built, all steel and aluminum '32 Ford Roadster better.

The way they do the Ridler Award part of it is about every 15 minutes throughout the awards they announce the name of two of the owners and builders (one at a time though), have them stand and take a round of applause till they've introduced all eight of the contenders.

I listen carefully to the clapping and cheering, Steve Moal's actually got the loudest claps and the Nova actually got the second loudest, IMHO. I think most folks were surprised the Willys took the Ridler, not saying it didn't deserve it (the chassis work was not only breathtaking but mindboggling as well) but talking to folks before hand and afterwards, most had "picked" in their minds others and were quite surprised that the Willys won. They were all beauitful works of art and all eight of the owners and builders should be proud just being choosen as a "Great Eight"
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Nice car.....But it did not make my top 3 :roll: Just goes to show what I know!I liked the Red 33 roadster,the 32 roadster as well as the 32 Chevy much better....at least with those cars,only a few dumb cows were sacrificed instead of several beautifull ostriches :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

beatnik

Althought the craftsmanship was there, and I do think the tube chassis was top notch, I can't believe that won, the wheels are already dated, and the dash was not very attractive.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

Roadstar

I think it was the RED paint. Yup RED paint wins the Ridler 2 out of three times. If you want to win the Ridler paint your car RED.
My car was a first time shown car but the fact that it wasnt RED....well you know what I mean :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: