Madson crossfire distributor caps

Started by 41woodie, March 27, 2005, 06:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41woodie

Does anyone know if Madson is still in business and if so a contact # or address. Thanks, Mike - 41woodie

Charlie Chops 1940

Haven't seen those for sale for some time. Seems like he sold that business.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Inprimer

Quote from: "41woodie"Does anyone know if Madson is still in business and if so a contact # or address. Thanks, Mike - 41woodie

Dug my box out that my cap came in, here's addy 116-B mercer Av Sharpsville Pa 16150   800 458 3478 their website crossfiremgf.com is not functioning maybe they are still around, good luck

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "41woodie"Does anyone know if Madson is still in business and if so a contact # or address. Thanks, Mike - 41woodie

Parr has their cap   http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.asp?ZTM=cadefhdb&GHOME=www.parrautomotive.com&TITLE=Parr_Automotive

Do a search for distributor cap.  $49.95

I have run one on the old truck for years.  I hope they still make them.  It sure makes it easy to work on the distributor and the wires.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

rumrumm

You are lucky. I had two and they both failed after two months. They are junk as far  as  I'm  concerned. When I went back to the old cap, I had to  throw away a new set of Taylor wires, too.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

purplepickup

Quote from: "rumrumm"You are lucky. I had two and they both failed after two months.
I agree.  The one and only Crossfire cap I bought went bad in the same summer I put it on.    It seemed like everyone was having trouble with them so I didn't even think about getting another.  Mine failed when I was a long ways from home so I realized another reason to go to the stock cap....availablity.   Luckily my Taylor wires were a little long and I could use them on the regular cap.
George

Charlie Chops 1940

Had one on my '61 for 7 or 8 years...never a lick of trouble in 30K miles.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!