Changing the color of enamel paint ?

Started by rooster, March 23, 2005, 02:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk35

FWIW, Adding a Lot of white to lighten the yellowness of yellow, then adding black , silver, and a lot of metallic makes for a nice looking yellow tinted pweter color that I find pleasing.

That is how I came up with the Light Metallic Jade from some Centuari Green a buddy gave me. Turned out to be a great color on compound curves on my old puller tractor (50s Jim Dandy).

grazza

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Ken, if your done with that Lizard skin send it down here!

At $189.00 a bucket, I don't think I'll have any extra. :x  :x   Glad I don't need to do the complete car as they tell me it takes 2 buckets for a 34.[/quote]

A bit O.T., but interesting just the same.  Priced this stuff at Aussie Nats, works out to be $US552.00 a BUCKET from our local supplier.  Could have got it for a Nats special of $US513.00 if Id have acted quickly.

Now Ken, if you've finished with that Lizard Skin send it down HERE!
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

C9

Keeping in mind you get what you pay for, it could be worthwhile to give this paint a try.

http://home.att.net/~brer/products.html

$35. a gallon for most colors - including red.

I believe it's an acrylic enamel which worked well on a couple of my cars as well as some cars of friends.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

purplepickup

Thanks for the link Jay.  That might come in handy for us frugal people. :D
George