HAMB Drags Date Was Announced

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, March 18, 2005, 09:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

The HAMB Drags will be held on Saturday August 27th this year.  It IS NOT the Saturday following the start of Speed Week like it has been in the past.  I guess the track was rented for that day already.  It has not been determined yet if it's going to be a daytime event or nitetime.  

For those that have no clue what I'm referring to, the HAMB Drags is a day of drag-racing traditional styled hot rod and customs, (and a few others) at an old dragstrip called MO-KAN near Joplin, MO on the Missouri/Kansas boarder.  Along with the actual racing, there was a garage crawl, RT66 tour, and a huge BBQ at JimC's place.  It sure was a weekend to remember.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

efingstein

Can't wait for it. My buddy and I are building a 32 plymouth that should be capable of mid 9's. Also, please don't hate me because I work for DOT :D .
Every man should forcibly leave his steel toe boot print on the face of history.

rooster

Looking forward to it! I hope they have it at night, last year we were lucky with the temptures.

HotRodLadyCrusr

and I'm hoping for daytime.  :wink:  The event was longer two years ago when it was held starting in the morning.  People hung out at the track after the racing was completed.  That did not happen last year.  As soon as the class wieners were annouced everyone headed back to the host hotel.  Don't get me wrong, that was fun BUT the second year had a whole different feel then the first and I think the daytime vs nite time racing had alot to do with that.  In any event, I'll see you there if not before.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Crosley.In.AZ

I got a call from that faatrod guy with the green vert car.

he is a bit bummed since he cannot show them how my tranny will smoke the tires as the car struggles to stay straight on the drag strip
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"I got a call from that faatrod guy with the green vert car.

he is a bit bummed since he cannot show them how my tranny will smoke the tires as the car struggles to stay straight on the drag strip

....... :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha) :ha)  :ha)  :ha)
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

Quote from: "Crosley"I got a call from that faatrod guy with the green vert car.

That's a Wis. UPer for ya! Whipping the wheel side to side!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

He'd have to make a hard right to get that thing out of dead ahead....

But, I gotta terll ya, I really like that car, no matter how slow it is.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

MO_JUNK

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"The HAMB Drags will be held on Saturday August 27th this year.  It IS NOT the Saturday following the start of Speed Week like it has been in the past.  I guess the track was rented for that day already.  It has not been determined yet if it's going to be a daytime event or nitetime.  

For those that have no clue what I'm referring to, the HAMB Drags is a day of drag-racing traditional styled hot rod and customs, (and a few others) at an old dragstrip called MO-KAN near Joplin, MO on the Missouri/Kansas boarder.  Along with the actual racing, there was a garage crawl, RT66 tour, and a huge BBQ at JimC's place.  It sure was a weekend to remember.

I prefer the daytime racing over night as well but it's a fun event either way. Brother is talking some trash with "Flamed A-Bone" on the Hamb. WZ wants a rematch. Last year we had to really push to get to the drags after the 66 Cruise. Summer's comin.  Sam