Lake Gairdner

Started by Larry@Graffiti, March 17, 2005, 04:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

32coupe

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "cool23"Castlemaine will be on the map for more than just being the place the Rolls Royce powered 55 Chev was built.

Not to steal this thread, but I forgot all about that car.  Was it ever finished? And did it really run, I mean like driveable on the street?

c ya, Sum

Not only is it finishered, but it is in the US of A at the moment, doing the show curcuit and cleaning up.

http://www.hotrodshows.com/winners.ihtml?step=2&id=202&show=Pomona

And, yes it did make the Guiness Book of records.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Larry@Graffiti"Brough brothers hadn't run when I left, I know they had some problems at tech inspection. Just got a copy of today's melbourne Age - any Victorian rodders get a copy. Page 5 there are two of Ryan's pictures used in colour, one of Bob Ellis' XP and one of John on his Bellytank. Also ABC radio interviewed John and his wife Maureen one after the other this morning. great stuff.

Thanks for the news Larry.
Congratulations to John and his crew; I know they have worked very hard to get to this point.

34ford

Quote from: "Larry@Graffiti"Just back from the salt lake with exciting news. John Lynch finally got his 300 mph in his bellytank lakester, going 301.729 on Tuesday afternoon. We stood at the four mile marker on the rocky outcrop and watched him go through - awesome. Much excitement and celebration in the pits afterwards and the whole emotional scene captured by the Aussie 60 Minutes crew who were filming out there all week. I had Ryan Pierse with me who works for Getty Images, a worldwide news photo service (also my daughter's boyfriend) and some of his pictures are on the getty website. Not sure if I do this link properly but go to http://editorial.gettyimages.com/ms_gins/source/home/home.aspx?pg=3
and look for the salt lake pic. click on that and you will get the selection of 15 or so awesome pics. This page keeps moving forward as more items are added so while it is on page 3 when I posted this it may move on to page 4 etc as time passes. .

here's the direct link since it's getting futher down on the pages
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState|1|0|30|0|0|1|0|0|0|52372918|0|0|0|0|0||0|0|0|0&p=7

Anonymous

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Not to steal this thread, but I forgot all about that car.  Was it ever finished? And did it really run, I mean like driveable on the street?

c ya, Sum

Yes it is finished and currently in the US on the show circuit. It has been and is street driven and has full street rego.

National Roadster show ( in the US ) Top Engineered, Top Pro Street Comp and Top display.

Simon.

Jahoota

Fantastic Pics! and thank gawd, not 1 of brootal!!!!  :lol:
Paint chips add character...

Brootal

Quote from: "Jahoota"Fantastic Pics! and thank gawd, not 1 of brootal!!!!  :lol:

You never know. Larry was within a kilometre of me, so he may well have taken a pic of me.

If you look close enough, I think you'll see me on the aerial pic of the start line. :)
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

river1

Quote from: "Jahoota"Fantastic Pics! and thank gawd, not 1 of brootal!!!!  :lol:

yeh but not one of his wife!

i'd gladly look at a pic of brootal to see a pic of his wife. ~:)  ~:)

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Jimmy B

Great pics! :D
Does anyone know when the report is going to be on 60 minutes?

Brootal

Alright Jim... since you drooled so elegantly...

Here's a pic I took the other day when we went for a stroll over the Harbour Bridge. That's the Opera House you can see over Sue's shoulder.

She's gonna kill me.  :lol:
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

river1

thanks brootal!!

now how about the next time we see each other you teach me the hypnotizing  :shock:  technique you used on her to get her to marry you :D  :)  :D  :)

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.