Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Cool

The conversions are as follows
1 US gallon = 3.785412 litres
1 imperial gallon = 4.546092 litres
1 US gallon = 0.8326738 Imp gallons
1 Imp gallon = 1.20095 US gallons.

hope this helps.
BTW, in Australia we usually accept the imperial measurements.
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

32coupe

Ok, Mr smarty pants...........................how many litres to the US pound?
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Mr Cool

Quote from: "32coupe"Ok, Mr smarty pants...........................how many litres to the US pound?
1 litre = 33.81402 US ounces
1 pound = 16 ounces
so 1 litre = 2.11337625 pounds

and before you ask
1 litre = 35.19506 Imp ounces

Just in case you want something really left of field,
1 minim (US) = 6.161152e-005 litres.
or 16230.73 minum (US) = 1 litre.

Anything else?
Im nobody, right?

enjenjo

Quote from: "Mr Cool"
Quote from: "32coupe"Ok, Mr smarty pants...........................how many litres to the US pound?
1 litre = 33.81402 US ounces
1 pound = 16 ounces
so 1 litre = 2.11337625 pounds

and before you ask
1 litre = 35.19506 Imp ounces

Just in case you want something really left of field,
1 minim (US) = 6.161152e-005 litres.
or 16230.73 minum (US) = 1 litre.

Anything else?

UHHH, that would be fluid ounces, not ounces avoirdupois. A fluid ounce of Lead is much heavier that a fluid ounce of water. A Liter of water weighs 2.2 lbs. Gasoline is lighter.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

38HAULR

Does that mean our friends in the states are being short changed?.[less litres per gall]That makes our fuel prices look a little more attractive.Now if we got rid of the punishing tax,ah well one can only dream.......Frank.

32coupe

Quote from: "enjenjo"Gas here is $.31.7 a pound.

1 litre = 2.11337625 pounds

2.11337625 X $.31.7 = $.66.99per litre

$.66.99per litre X 3.785412 litres =$2.53 per US gallon

Thats dearer than petrol over there, who the hell would run the stuff?? :?

Over here LPG is $.41.9 per litre, and petrol is $1.10 per litre, that is why I run LPG. :D

enjenjo

The gas is gasoline, and it weighs 5.7 lbs per gallon :lol:

32coupe

OK you got me there, can you tell how much propane is then?

Gilles

Here in France 1 liter of unleaded = 1.10€ :(  :(

1€=1.34$

1 liter=1.47$

1liter= 3.78 US gallon

Result : 5.57 US$ for 1 US gallon.

Gilles :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Mr Cool

Quote from: "enjenjo"UHHH, that would be fluid ounces, not ounces avoirdupois. A fluid ounce of Lead is much heavier that a fluid ounce of water. A Liter of water weighs 2.2 lbs. Gasoline is lighter.
According to my conversion program, I had clearly used the tab labelled VOLUME when converting to ounces, just like in petrol (gasoline) measuring litres/gallons etc, so I would assume that is correct?
Or does your local servo sell gas (propane) by weight? If so, its volume will vary by pressure for the actual amount of gas that you get. If so, that kinda sucks as you could easily get ripped off, as a pump needs to measure by volume to accurately calculate the final cost to the purchaser.
Does that make sense?
Im nobody, right?

enjenjo

Propane is sold by the pound here. X number of pounds is X gallons, 4.23 lbs per gallon measured ansd corrected to 60 degrees F cost is roughly $2 per gallon.

38HAULR

Be careful 32 Coupe,once our pollies realise that our LPG is cheap[it should  even be cheaper than the current prices].They will jack it up on some ridiculous pretence.............Frank.

grazza

Frank. keep your finger on the pulse mate, gas prices are already on the rise.  Price has been changed to a system which puts it on a parity with petrol prices, i.e. petrol price rises= gas price rises.  Can't remember when, but little Johny is removing [progressively] the subsidy on LPG, so by the end of time it will be the same price as petrol.  Yet another case of getting the suckers hooked and then reeling them in, something we're getting used to I guess.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

32coupe

I have been using gas now for over 15 years, and I have been hearing the same rumours just as long.

Gas has always been and will always be, even after the new taxes are phased in over time, no more than half the price of petrol.

We are just at the moment enjoying gas at a better than half price deal.

Anyway price is not the only reason that I run gas, it is cleaner and runs smoother than petrol, it doesn't stink or stain my carbie and manifold, it is high octane as well.

38HAULR

I love the stuff for all the mentioned reasons also,the real worry will be that ,if a larger segment of the vehicle fleet uses it,the gummint will see a reduction in petrol tax revenue and start to take a bigger whack of the pie.This will turn me into a "greeny" as I start arcing up on environmental grounds.This argument should be valid,seeing the gummint once used the environment argument to "punish" those who HAD TO USE leaded petrol by imposing extra excise on leaded to discourage it,s use.........Frank.