Wheel cover design

Started by Pep, March 10, 2005, 09:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pep

I thought I would post this here for all to see....I will be going on a long trip with the 34 to Wintersun and wanted to have the spare wheel back on. It originally had a cover but is kinda ratty now, so I am going to get a new one made. I got to talking via this site and on the phone to a  young rodder in Melbourne who into graphic designing ( Craig, aka klassik ). After a few emails with suggestions, he presented this to me. It takes  both my interests into one picture. That's the rebel nature of me and my liking of rockabilly. What do you think?

See Ya
Pep

TJ's Dad

How kool is that !

Pep you better register the design though ...
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

X38

A lot of folk get off on the "rebel" nickname for that flag. History isn't so pretty.

my 2 cents.

hotrodmatt

I'd use the southern cross.

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Devilrod

Careful Pep somone might think you are forming a breakaway Confederates Club. (Vic Hot Rod Club ask Carps :shock:  :twisted: )
Speed and Style. One day I\'ll get the speed bit......

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Pep"I thought I would post this here for all to see....snip

It is really good; I like it.

klassik

Hey thanks Pep,

Someone thinks I am young LOL

Craig
Before you criticise anyone walk a mile in their shoes, then you will be a mile away and you will have their shoes :lol:

klassik

Quote from: "TJ's Dad"How kool is that !

Pep you better register the design though ...

Thats kool Mate I retain copyright for that design anyway.

Craig
Before you criticise anyone walk a mile in their shoes, then you will be a mile away and you will have their shoes :lol:

Carps

Man that is jut sooooo kool.

The Confederates club logo only has one flag and I'd be more inclined to think the club members would love it rather than want to sue anybody for breach of copyright or whatever.

So long as you leave it home when travelling to the US, no problem since most Aussies don't havve much of a clue as to the history and dark side of the Confederate Battle Flag.  Here it is commonly used to indicate or epresent rebelion, nothing more.  Howvere, as the American's know it has a very dark history and represents more than us Aussie will ever completely comprehend.

As DRD said when made an honorary member of the Confederates and kindly declined the presented club T shirt, "are you guys trying to get me killed?"

On the other hand, I love Classic's logo, maybe change it to the blue and white colours of the Eureka Southern Cross, which every Aussie knows represents both rebellion and the fight against our previous British masters for our freedom as a nation, make it into a windscreen decal and I'll stick one on all my cars.

heck I could even be convinced to cover the spare wheel on the old '33 with something that made a statement like that.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

klassik

Pep

Quote from: "klassik"Hey thanks Pep,

Someone thinks I am young LOL

Craig

It's all relative Craig... :)
See Ya
Pep

Pep

Quote from: "Carps"Man that is jut sooooo kool.

On the other hand, I love Classic's logo, maybe change it to the blue and white colours of the Eureka Southern Cross, which every Aussie knows represents both rebellion and the fight against our previous British masters for our freedom as a nation, make it into a windscreen decal and I'll stick one on all my cars.

heck I could even be convinced to cover the spare wheel on the old '33 with something that made a statement like that.

I was contemplating the Eureka flag as well Carps but the Rockabilly emblem contains the confederate flag...I suppose one of each would look OK as well.
See Ya
Pep

Pep

See Ya
Pep

Dolly

Quote from: "Pep"I was contemplating the Eureka flag as well Carps but the Rockabilly emblem contains the confederate flag...I suppose one of each would look OK as well.

Yup, that would work, I'm sure carps would like it.  Hope Craig has his crayons out.

His link is not letting me in either..
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.