Hard to believe

Started by enjenjo, February 26, 2004, 01:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolly

Quote from: "enjenjo"I was working on a convertor dolly tonight, ... This one is 22 years old, and has 2,871,000 miles on it, that is more  than 5 round trips to the moon. It is on it's second frame, second axle, original 5th wheel, 4th coupler eye, and has gone through more than 100 tires. The brakes have been replaced 23 times, it has been inspected and greased 75 times. The first time I worked on it I was 35 years old, Reagan was president, Fatcat was in junior high, and most cars were still rear wheel drive.

............................:shock:  ?[/color]....................... MOMMY!!!!
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

jaybee

As long as we're already off on a tangent I'll chime in.  After 18yrs of marriage I believe simple respect is another of the keys.  Hard to listen well and really take into consideration what the other person thinks if you don't respect them.

That and a nice gift will take you a long way.   :shock:
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

OlBuzzard

I thought I was the only one to do that!  When asked how long we've been married I reply, "We've been married 17 happy years and 17 out of 29 isn't bad."  I said that one time with my wife in hearing distance once and she said, "Don't you think 17 is a bit optimistic, dear?"  No wonder we've had 29 very happy years--she has just as weird a sense of humor as I do!

KustomLincolnLady

:P wow, I'm right up there with you guys!!!! This is our 30th yr!! We do everything together too.
I just don't get couples these days that NEVER do things together  :roll: . suppose thats why the divorce rate is so high amoungst newlyweds???  :shock:
But I have to say as soon as he gets MY hot rod done, he's outta here  :!:   :lol:   (just kidding) LOL
Debb

jaybee

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"But I have to say as soon as he gets MY hot rod done, he's outta here  :!:   :lol:   (just kidding) LOL
Debb

My wife always claimed she married me for my microwave oven.  When it broke down I made sure we went RIGHT out to buy a new one!

:lol:  :lol:
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Jimc

Since this has drifted this direction, our key to 42 years of wedded bliss is my learning the two words to a successful marriage. "Yes, Dear"!
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

Darkman

WOW It really is cool all you guys being married that long. Congratulations. I've been married 28 years AND I'm only 46 years old. Anyone else marry thier high school sweetheart and STAY married?
Charles in Pensacola

Restomodding at the speed of a slow sick snail.

Current project 1957 F100 312 4 bbl with automatic and McCulloch supercharger Mus II IFS and lowered rear

Carps

Quote from: "Darkman"WOW It really is cool all you guys being married that long. Congratulations. I've been married 28 years AND I'm only 46 years old. Anyone else marry thier high school sweetheart and STAY married?

Nope, but I'm still married to her best friend after 27 years, does that count?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Darkman

That depends did you date her in high school? LOL We'll give you partial credit and a A for trying.
Charles in Pensacola

Current project 1957 F100 312 4 bbl with automatic and McCulloch supercharger Mus II IFS and lowered rear

TerryO

Been married only once for 32 years. Years ago we decided that if it didn't work, the one who leaves gets the two kids and the one who stays gets the dog. Just to keep her on her toes, I always introduce her as my "first wife". Seems to work too. I can't imagine life without her.

old32

Quote from: "Carps"

Nope, but I'm still married to her best friend after 27 years, does that count?

"BEST FRIEND"

I think that's what its all about.
Been married 33 years, We live in a large house, and I have a piece of chalk in the passage that runs through the centre of the house, if we disagree in a major way we draw a line down the middle, she's supposed to stay on her side, me on mine, much cheaper than a divorce. But it's funny how the chalk mark wears out after a few days. :lol:  :lol:
:twisted:  :twisted: The Older I Get The Faster I Was :twisted:  :twisted:

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Darkman"WOW It really is cool all you guys being married that long. Congratulations. I've been married 28 years AND I'm only 46 years old. Anyone else marry thier high school sweetheart and STAY married?

Yep, Rob and I will be 48 this yr, been married 30 yrs. we dated in high school for 3 yrs. * never regretted picking him up that day, LOL

4T64RD

Quote from: "Sean"
Quote from: "Crosley"When we stop and think about it , we really have no answer, it does not seem like 31 years.... ( seems shorter, for you smart butts out there) ;)

Compatability....And knowing when to shut your mouth.

I have only been married 15 years, but we rarely argue, and we do just about everything together. On the few occasions that Martha has gotten me really Steamed, I have learned that its usually PMS and my best bet is to shut up, and go hide somewhere for an hour or two :wink:

Where can you hide for a week?
http://www.poorboysflorida.com

New site!!!

Boycott IHOP!!! Buy American pancakes

Darkman

KustomLincolnLady,

I should have known that in this crew you'd be the coolest. It doesn't hurt that you have a cool name "Lincoln". Definately part of the Blue Oval Tribe. My wife and I will do our best to continue the youngest with the oldest relationship.
Charles in Pensacola

Pep

We just celebrated our 30th year in February this year...We went on a harbour cruise restaurant around Sydney Harbour. This is in anticipation of it getting better. The older guys say the first 30 years are the hardest so now I can relax :wink: ...I figured out years ago that my wife suffered from PMT, and the rarer PMT ( one is pre, the other is post )...both 2 weeks each...So I generally got a few days of bliss a month. :wink: ..Only kiddin...Actually at our age PMT is a memory, its more like  change of life things taking over...I believe when you get this far in a marriage you have both learnt tollerance and both of us know we can't change and are too set in our ways.
See Ya
Pep