English - Aussie Translation Dictionary

Started by parklane, March 01, 2005, 08:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X38

That XXXX joke is so lame. Can't you guys come up with any fresh material. To think melbourne is the self professed comedy capital of the country!

Hey Brootal, careful, parklane is in Canada (That country we whoop in the C'wealth games). (The games they claim not to care about, 'cept we whoop 'em in the Olympics as well)  I hope I haven't started a bad thread idea with this.

38HAULR

You are right x38,that xxxx has been around for a long time,I was one who always referred to Queenslanders as "banana benders",until I was informed that NSW produced more bananas than QLD.........FRANK.

parklane

Hey!! you can't hurt my dirty rotten feelings, I left them at home! :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Brootal

Quote from: "X38"
Hey Brootal, careful, parklane is in Canada (That country we whoop in the C'wealth games). (The games they claim not to care about, 'cept we whoop 'em in the Olympics as well)  I hope I haven't started a bad thread idea with this.

Yeah... I know, but it's the same as the English, Scotthis and Irish all being POMS!!! :)

Now that should get them going (if there's any here.)

THONG = Choco's favourite footwear, usually purchased from Truckstop 31, Marulan as it's the last true place where you can 'double-pluggers' for $6. :)
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

hotrodmatt

Quote from: "Brootal"THONG = Choco's favourite footwear, usually purchased from Truckstop 31, Marulan as it's the last true place where you can 'double-pluggers' for $6. :)

I thought they were called "go-aheads" cause you can't go backwards in them...

These yanks will think you are talking underwear.

X38

Interesting. I had to buy a pair of Japanese safety boots over the Christmas break and could only find single pluggers after my last good double pluggers blew out. They're just not the same, and you certainly don't have that strong secure feeling when breaking into a sprint.

halfdone

QuoteThese yanks will think you are talking underwear.

Does anyone have a photo of Choc in his new thong?

32coupe

Noooooooooooooooooooo
Don't go there..............................I don't want to think about the tattoo on his asss again. I am still having nightmares :(U)
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

X38

I don't want to think about his * at all.

His face is hairy enough!

bcal

A (insert sterotype here) walks into a pub wearing one thong.
The barman says "hey mate did ya lose one ov ya thongs"
"Nah", says the (insert sterotype here), "I just found one."
Time flies when you\'re no longer young
Brett.

dpsmith

Yeah I've been told if you say " bugger me " in yank land it takes on a whole new meaning !!!
I also saw an American van with " The best rooter in the state " on the side (He's a plumber)
Must take a bit of gettin used to hey !!

David

Carps

Quote from: "TISOK"Now these Americans will see only some one like Carps gives such an fair dinkum ear bashing.  :lol:  
Perhaps they will also see he is full of it  :lol:  :lol:

Trust me, they already know!   :lol:

For those who are unaware. I was a member of the original Rodders Roundtable way back when the dubyuh, dubyuh, dubyuh was in its infancy.

There's also a reason why the people here won't have any trouble coming to terms with the young lady you guys know as Dolly, because she is the love child of the RRT and a butt ugly and very scary fellow named Ravynn.

Of course she's presently very busy with her beau, Ted Shoemaker, helping him win his next motor race.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "Mr Cool"Yeah our language can fill a book.

As my kid would say..."DERRERR!

The book is called a dictionary.   :wink:

And here's a little snippet of information for ya.  It's widely agreed by linguists arouund the globe, that the American version is much more pure and closer to the original English language than what the Poms currently use.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

bcal

Quote from: "Carps"And here's a little snippet of information for ya.  It's widely agreed by linguists arouund the globe, that the American version is much more pure and closer to the original English language than what the Poms currently use.
You've been watching SBS  :?:
Time flies when you\'re no longer young
Brett.

Poida

Quote from: "dusty"spent some time in Browns Plain, and also in Goolagong, about 8 years ago
Really?  :-o  Thats where I live - been here off & on since '82. Why would anyone come here to visit?  :?

As for Goolagong, I think you may have that one mixed up with another place with an equally difficult name, or I have been caught out again not knowing all the place names in the country.

Quote from: "38HAULR"until I was informed that NSW produced more bananas than QLD
We did this to death on the HRI - we don't grow more bananas, we just bend more. They truck the straight ones up here for bending.

p