Almost Ready For Interior!

Started by 40, February 27, 2005, 06:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finally got going on my 36 Coupe.The body/doors/fenders are in primer and should be painted by the end of the week.If I recall correctly,we have 1 or 2 interior guys on board and would like to talk to them first about doing the interior if they are interested.I am thinking I want a 50's style rolled/pleated ultra-leather interior....something clean and simple.I have a couple of guys I use but thought it might be neat to see if someone from the RRT is interested.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

moparrodder

Quote from: "40"Finally got going on my 36 Coupe.The body/doors/fenders are in primer and should be painted by the end of the week.If I recall correctly,we have 1 or 2 interior guys on board and would like to talk to them first about doing the interior if they are interested.I am thinking I want a 50's style rolled/pleated ultra-leather interior....something clean and simple.I have a couple of guys I use but thought it might be neat to see if someone from the RRT is interested.

Hey Daryle!  Sounds like you're getting closer to having it on the road!!!  If it's like all the others it'll be really cool 8)   I hope ya don't take it to the same guy that did the rod from hell, I don't think you can survive another mashed frontend.  Who ever you get to do the job I'm sure it will turn out super!!!  Keep us posted!!!   Bill

btrc

Daryle,  that didn't take long did it?  There's always the guy that did my interior out in Hot Springs.  I'm still very happy with what he did.   He had it done just when he told me he would when I dropped it off too.

Bob
Bob

Bob...."That didn't take long did it" is a matter of interpretation :roll:  It sat in one shop almost untouched for over 2 years as you know...the progress has been amazing since moving it to Brents shop.Soon,the ball will be in my court and I'll have to get my sorry carcass out to the shop and finish it up!I have the new 37 project blown apart and we are just starting to jig up the new frame rails to start on the chassis.There will not be a lack of things to do to keep me busy around here for a while!The interior looks great in your Sedan and I'd like the contact info for the guy that did it....I'll shoot you an e-mail!

skipstitch

Three window or five?.  I could really get into a '36 project... but not to poison your thinkin'....  You know you could do genuine cow hide for about $400 more than that Ultra leather stuff they hock for $98.00 a yard?
Are you gonna run a bench seat or buckets?  Stitch

HotRodLadyCrusr

Daryle, If you haven't choosen a shop to do the interior yet, I'd can highly recommend that Skipstitch fellow.  Seen plenty of his work in person, everyone speaks highly of him, especially his Mom, Dad, and sister BUT I haven't actually met the dude in person.  I think maybe he has 3 eyes and no nose or something BUT he certainly knows how to sew interiors. :D

Also, I have talked to a number of different shops and they all say the Ultra leather is fine for accent pieces but doesn't last long if your butt going to be seeing alot of seat time on it.  In other words there are other, longer lasting, just as nice looking, materials to use for the actual seats.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

skipstitch

3 eyes!?!?!  Didn't anyone tell you I'm SENSITIVE about that Denise!?!  Thanks for the kind words about our work...but Mom and Dad are biased.

Hey 40, PM me and I'll shoot you pix of our stuff...  Also, if you check out the new Custom Rodder, we did the cover car (shameless plug).  Stitch

Skipstitch...It is a 5-Window.I am open to a suggestion as to material type.When I say "Ultra-leather" I'm really just referring to something similar in appearance to cowhide,not that brand in particular.The last 3 or 4 cars were done in leather and I have no problem using it again...just thought I'd try something differant.The dash and garnish mouldings will be painted as will the column.I will probably use a bench seat and want sort of a pleated design in the seats/door panels/trunk panels and a stock-style headliner hung on the original bows.Just a good grade of carpet on the floor.I have a couple photos of a 40 Coupe I did a few years ago that I would sort of like to replicate.The car will be black w/red steel wheels/rings/caps and am thinking red for the interior as well.If you are seriously interested in possibly doing the car,shoot me an e-mail and we can discuss it.I would like to do it soon but do have the like-new Lebaron Bonney interior that I can re-install for a while...it might also be usefull as patterns.