may part out.........

Started by tom, February 27, 2005, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom

......... a '96 gmc mini van with 4.3.  engine is seized. is there much i should hang on to for rod use?  thanks

tomslik

Quote from: "tom"......... a '96 gmc mini van with 4.3.  engine is seized. is there much i should hang on to for rod use?  thanks

trans for sure, tilt wheel?
brake booster/pedals,etc.
kinda depends on what you need or can sell
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

ponchotom89

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "tom"......... a '96 gmc mini van with 4.3.  engine is seized. is there much i should hang on to for rod use?  thanks

If it aint steel it aint real

ponchotom89

Quote from: "ponchotom89"
Quote from: "tomslik"

n      I`ll try this again, I used an 89 S10 frame under my 39 Pontiac, it goes down the road like you were driving an S10 with a 350 in it. real sweeet. I would recommend it to anyone that may have an old beater that needs a new floor in it(frame shape is different than car). Even the front clip is very useable. :D

58Apache

I changed the pads once on my 96 Astro van. Those rotors, spindles and calipers seemed massive. I know they are anti-lock, but I wonder if you could put them to use?

Steve

ponchotom89

Quote from: "58Apache"I changed the pads once on my 96 Astro van. Those rotors, spindles and calipers seemed massive. I know they are anti-lock, but I wonder if you could put them to use?

Steve
No doubt about it. I suppose you could also utilize the antilock feature if one was inventive enough to use all the necessary sensors and such. You could slam on the brakes in a downpour and actually drive straight  into what ever you put the brakes on for. :roll: