HRI is GONE!

Started by Mr34, February 27, 2005, 04:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr34

Well i was there to see the end,
We broke a record for number of users on line, so that shows the support that was there.

Apart from a childish race to be the last to post..... (which i myself was quite heavily involved in!!!!! :D  :)  8) )

It was a sad time.

Well, this is my internet home now,

Thanks.

Mr34

Im off to have a few jars, drown my sorrows.

Bye all.

Carps

And I had no involvement at all, because i was the grand all time post meister anyhow.

But that Dolly, boy did she ever show her nasty side.   :shock:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Mr34

Quote from: "Carps"
But that Dolly, boy did she ever show her nasty side.   :shock:

She kept out posting me!!!!! i lose.............

Jimmy B

Quote from: "Mr34"

Apart from a childish race to be the last to post..... (which i myself was quite heavily involved in!!!!

That is childish isn't it Mr34  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I missed the end  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

ripper

all organisations suffer from the 80/20 rule, 80% of the work is done by 20% of the people...smart money already know how big a part Greg & Dave played amongst the 20%ers.

It was the original and best IMHO when it comes to Aussie based Hot Rod sites.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they even did the original ASRF homepage!

I have some strong views on this issue but sure ain't going to voice my displeasure at any one person or persons for fear I'll get a writ...

Needless to say I'll be contacting my State Director of the ASRF & voice my displeasure...and if nothing happens I'll write to the DC Meeting & the NCC Directors.

This is surely one of the most counter productive outcomes for ages.
Anyway I'll cool down...but I will maintain the rage
What a complete...

Sorry my lawyer suggested I say "No Comment" ;-)

To all involved I hope the outcome is a positive one and ASAP.
For sure the poor sods copping the bullets are died in the wool, fair dinkum, hard working 100% right to the bone & into the marrow Hot Rodders.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
May The Vehicle You Use To Get There Become The Reason For Going!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lithgow-Mick

Yer, I was there till the end, I think its criminal to close the site down that has helped so many.
I could get away with swearing on HRI, I'll zip my mouth here.  :shock:
It makes ya wanna swear. Actually it makes me wanna belt someone.
Just for the record, my 32 is driven, NOT Trailored.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
If its not a Flattie
Then it wouldn,t pull a Sailor
Off Ya Sister

chopper

The switch was turned off for HRI's forum just after 8 pm, leaving many people more than a little sad, I'm sure.
Hey Mick... why dontcha bring your rod down to the Hot Rod Rumble, and maybe, just maybe, we could organize a flattie showdown. What say Corrie?
Chopper

Sean Hammond

Thats not what i read mick  :D  :D  Something bout suzukis?
Was sad to see it go, but if all the support HRI has had comes together, it shouldnt be long until its back online.
Hey i think i got the last post in too  :D

Jimmy B

Quote from: "chopper"
Hey Mick... why dontcha bring your rod down to the Hot Rod Rumble, and maybe, just maybe, we could organize a flattie showdown. What say Corrie?
Chopper
Mick will need to take that brickwall of a Model T windscreen off though to have a chance  :wink:  :lol: Just kidding :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That would be a match race to see! Too bad I won't be there :cry:  :cry:. Maybe I could fly down Sunday morning, hmmmmmm :D

Carps

I reckon I could push my OHV powered '33 and still beat those flattie guys!   :wink:
Carps

Pep

Quote from: "Carps"I reckon I could push my OHV powered '33 and still beat those flattie guys!   :wink:

I could run behind them with a bucket picking up the pieces :wink:
See Ya
Pep

Lithgow-Mick

With all due respect guys, I don't race.  :wink:
I personally don't see the point spending all that money getting it on the road, then racing the guys outta it.  :shock:
Besides, its no contest, you would all be in the mirrors the whole time. :D
Very faint images in the mirrors.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If its not a Flattie
Then it wouldn,t pull a Sailor
Off Ya Sister

enjenjo

Quote from: "Lithgow-Mick"With all due respect guys, I don't race.  :wink:
I personally don't see the point spending all that money getting it on the road, then racing the guys outta it.  :shock:
Besides, its no contest, you would all be in the mirrors the whole time. :D
Very faint images in the mirrors.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And you have a flathead???? What are you, a cliff racer?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

Quote from: "Lithgow-Mick"......Very faint images in the mirrors.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: [/i][/b]

That's only because our image will be on the metal part on the front side of your mirrors.

On the other hand, we'll probably have difficulty seeing your flatty powered machine in the glass side of our mirrors, because the steam from your radiator will be fogging them up.  :lol:  

Or maybe the Suzuki towing your trailer will block our view.   :shock:
Carps