Working the Morrie hard

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, February 26, 2005, 08:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"this one?

ebay car

and there is one fellow that wishes to send a cashier check soon....  :lol:
That's sweet Tony. You'd better not let that beauty slip by.  It would make a heck of a touring car.  A few of us could even pile in the back seat at Bonneville and cruise the pits in style. 8)
George

Jbird

George has the right idea, although only about one and a half of your wide butts would fit in the back seat.

Tony, do you still want it? I relisted it for the guy in Dallas, another forty bucks. If I sell it this time, ebay will refund the forty bucks for the relist. If you want it bid on it, hell even if you don't, bid on it. we just won't tell ebay we're using monopoly money.
     Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

enjenjo

Quote from: "TJ's Mum"

There ya go a picture of my morris

Nice looking car. I'm sure you, and the car, and possibly your dog, all look better than Tony on his best day. Even with money stuffed in all his pockets. :lol: I like to stand next to him, it makes me look good by comparison
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Jbird"George has the right idea, although only about one and a half of your wide butts would fit in the back seat.

Tony, do you still want it? I relisted it for the guy in Dallas, another forty bucks. If I sell it this time, ebay will refund the forty bucks for the relist. If you want it bid on it, ##### even if you don't, bid on it. we just won't tell ebay we're using monopoly money.
     Jbird 8)

I said I wanted it,  I sent you a PM on this board months ago and it must have gotten lost .

I put in a bid... mayb I will be out bid?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Jbird

Thanks Tony in 14 hours it'll be yours and you saved me forty bucks.
 I probably missed the PM. I miss a lot of stuff now a days. You know, they say time goes by faster as we get older, it really doesn't, we just don't remember most of it.
          Jbird 8)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Jbird"Thanks Tony in 14 hours it'll be yours and you saved me forty bucks.
 I probably missed the PM. I miss a lot of stuff now a days. You know, they say time goes by faster as we get older, it really doesn't, we just don't remember most of it.
          Jbird 8)

I don't remember forgetting most of what I forgot...that is if I knew what I forgot, before I forgot it.  Or did I?
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I'm sure you, and the car, and possibly your dog, all look better than Tony on his best day. Even with money stuffed in all his pockets. :lol: I like to stand next to him, it makes me look good by comparison

remind me to not place cash into your front pocket again.   :shock:
Tony

Mr Cool

Quote from: "Pep"
Might be a good time to drop in the big block zeeta engine :wink:
Yeah, right. The b/b Zeta engine was 500cc, the s/b was a 350cc, which I just happen to have one in stock NOS. Anyone interested?
Thought not.  :(
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Mr Cool"
Quote from: "Pep"
Might be a good time to drop in the big block zeeta engine :wink:
Yeah, right. The b/b Zeta engine was 500cc, the s/b was a 350cc, which I just happen to have one in stock NOS. Anyone interested?
Thought not.  :(

I believe GM is selling the Ecotec 4 cyl engines with super chargers on them as a crate motor.  It just so hapens that Hughes Performance in Phoenix Arizona builds an adapter plate & torque converters to chevy bell housing pattern for the Ecotec engine
Tony

kroozn

The DC "Z" is going to run an Ecotec 4 cyl this year at the Salt  instead of the Indy Buick V/6.
Other changes too including raising it up so the crustys are not trying to knock off the front end where the salt isn't graded well.
Low is good at the Salt  ... too low ticks off the body and paint sponser!
:D  :D

purplepickup

Quote from: "kroozn"Other changes too including raising it up so the crustys are not trying to knock off the front end where the salt isn't graded well.
 :D
Man, that sucker is low. :shock:
George

kroozn

Yes it WAS too low!!
The car has run two years and I have had to repair the front end two times.
:(  :(
I am hoping there won't need to be a third time now that it is a little higher.
Watch and see .......... someplace else on the car will get damaged instead!!
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

purplepickup

Well I see the auction is over.  Congratulations, Mr Dawg :D

Jbird, I like the way you wrote your auction...from the car's point of view.  I did that on a couple of items and even tho their condition wasn't the best, they sold for more than the same items in better condition.  That didn't seem to help yours tho.....luckily for Mr Dawg.    I liked the email you got that said the car was " the exact item with the correct specs my client wants" but he didn't bid.  When they start talking about their client I keep on the alert for the "I'll send you a big check, then you cash it and send half of it to my shipping agent" scam.
George

Jbird

The way it's been raining up here Mr. Dawg may have to rent a chopper to pluck the little limey out of the mud. At least the dirt doesn't wash down the creek like it does in some southwestern states.

I think the scammers look at your ebay rating. If you look like an innocent newbie they try to run the scam on you. I got two questionable emails about a knife I listed for a friend.
              Jbird 8)

Crosley.In.AZ

water in the creeks here....

I love it when the TV crew has a dolt talking about how " we had to rebuild the house 4 years ago because of another flood".... if they are stoopid enough to build the house again in the same place, let it wash away.

my son's nic name on the internet was wardawg ....... since I was here first ( dad ) I took the nick wardawg1 on ebay.  He was unimpressed...  :lol:
Tony