Working the Morrie hard

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, February 26, 2005, 08:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I took my Morris out for a run. It has been a good length of time since I had the moggie out...

I did the usual since I live away from the main town.  I let the Morris loose from a stop sign where I have 1 full mile to unleash the power of this machine.  I am sure the bias ply tires were barely hooking up in first gear under the thunder from the 948cc motor.

While out I found a 1975 Midget MG for sale along side the road.... hmmmmmm
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

klassik

Quote from: "Crosley"I took my Morris out for a run. It has been a good length of time since I had the moggie out...

I did the usual since I live away from the main town.  I let the Morris loose from a stop sign where I have 1 full mile to unleash the power of this machine.  I am sure the bias ply tires were barely hooking up in first gear under the thunder from the 948cc motor.

Mate how do you contain yourself?

:D
Before you criticise anyone walk a mile in their shoes, then you will be a mile away and you will have their shoes :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "klassik"

====== it is tough to keep this car under control for a flying mile at WOT .  The worn out front end parts, the rock hard bias ply tyres, the * poor roads at this end of town.

The speed-O was showing over 70mph when I had to shut her down.

The brakes work great thanks to that Peter Row fellow!

The oil pressure light is coming on now at idle.  I installed a oil guage and it shows 20psi hot at idle
 :shock:
Tony

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Crosley"

What??? and you didn't bring it home!!!! Whats wrong Tony? Wasn't it small enough!!!  :roll:  :roll:  :lol:

Sounds like you were having way to much fun!!!
Debb

enjenjo

Bring it home???? He has about 37 leddle cars of various makes in his shop now. My lawn mower is bigger than half of them.

Speaking of that, one old guy near hear has an ancient Simca, cut off behind the seat with the rear axle moved forward, he pulls 5 rotary mowers with it to mow his 4 acre lawn. It does take him about an hour to get everything started though :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "klassik"

[b
The oil pressure light is coming on now at idle.  I installed a oil guage and it shows 20psi hot at idle[/b]  :shock:
Brings back memories.
I learn't a valuable lesson on one of those; although it was in an Austin A30.

It had a big-end rattle. The mechanic next door advised me to check the journals for round, and showed me how to do it; even lent me the micrometer.  I did all that, installed the new bearings; it ran real quiet for about five minutes, then back to the familiar rattle.  He didn't say to measure the diameter!  This pretty-well sums-up how I learn't a lot of stuff!  The next time I did it with the correct size, and it was fine!

Jbird

Tony, sometimes I wonder if you've been in the desert too long.
BTW that little Triumph I offered for your limey car collection might end up as a prop in a High School production of Grease.
       Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Pep

QuoteThe speed-O was showing over 70mph when I had to shut her down.

The brakes work great thanks to that Peter Row fellow!

So when do you get out of the neck brace? :wink:

QuoteThe oil pressure light is coming on now at idle.  I installed a oil guage and it shows 20psi hot at idle

Might be a good time to drop in the big block zeeta engine :wink:
See Ya
Pep

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Jbird"Tony, sometimes I wonder if you've been in the desert too long.
BTW that little Triumph I offered for your limey car collection might end up as a prop in a High School production of Grease.
       Jbird 8)

ebay did not work out for the car?

I got new tyres on my car trailer now
Tony

Jbird

It got a lot more interest than I thought it would, 16 people are watching it now. Some guy from Dallas wants a bunch of parts off it but he won't buy the whole car because shipping would be way expensive.
A highschooler from Santa Cruz Ca. wants it for the schools spring production of Grease. She wants to turn it into the Greased Lightning hot rod for their musical. Check out the listing under Triumph on ebay.
     Jbird 8)

58 Yeoman

Jbird...a little more specific on the Triumph?  There are over 10,000 Triumph items on ebay. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Jbird

If I was smart enuff to post a link I would, but this is how you get there. Go to >ebay motors>Triumph>other models. It's the ninth one down. If you weren't so lazy you'd sift through those ten zillion items to find it.
         Jbird 8)

Crosley.In.AZ

this one?

ebay car

and there is one fellow that wishes to send a cashier check soon....  :lol:
Tony

TJ's Dad

That looks remarkably like a Standard 10 .. maybe is same , just marketed under a different name here in Aussie..

Tony I'll get my Missus to post a pic of her Morrie for ya !
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

TJ's Mum

There ya go a picture of my morris
Ya gotta have em to be one