How to look after automobilia

Started by OzRod, February 26, 2005, 11:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzRod

Gday everyone. Thanks to all you RRTers for making us feel at home... away from home  :wink:

How do you guys store automobilia? I have a few old auto brochures that I've been collecting. One dates back to 1926. I don't think just having them around on a shelf collecting dust will do them any good. Some are bigger then ya normal A4 size so plastic sleeves won't do.

Should I just put them in a box and separate them with some special paper? Which paper?

Cheers,
Chris

hotrodmatt

You can get translucent paper bags which archival quality which are excellent for strage. Make sure they are acid and lignin free.

Some of the larger stationary stores will have them as will pro comera shops.

OzRod

Thanks mate. I'll check out the stores tomorrow.

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "OzRod"

Should I just put them in a box and separate them with some special paper? Which paper?

Cheers,
Chris

I know you can get some type of acid free paper at the craft stores (they sell it for scrap books)

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

HotRodLadyCrusr

Guys using the word "scrapbook"!  I love it!

Go to a scrapbook store and you can find all kinds of proper containers to store stuff in.  If you have a number of memoriblia pieces you might even want to purchase a real scrapbook so you can not only store the stuff but allow others to enjoy the pieces without getting their grimmy hands ont he stuff.  :wink:

You have three scrapbook manics on board the RRT, me, KustomLincolnLady, and HotRodGal, so if you have any questions, or need ideas, don't be shy about asking.  We promise we won't make fun of ya. :roll:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

X38

Oh boy, if you do cross stitch and quilt making as well, count me in!

mr model a

Quote from: "X38"Oh boy, if you do cross stitch and quilt making as well, count me in!

be careful mate, they'll think you're being serious......you are joking, right :shock:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "X38"Oh boy, if you do cross stitch and quilt making as well, count me in!

I don't, but it sounds like your into it.  Maybe YOU could instruct ME  :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Guys using the word "scrapbook"!  I love it!

Now don't get the wrong idea Denise, my wife is the scrapbooker of the family - I'm just reporting what I've been "told"

Mike
Till we meet - On the street