all you aussies(ozzie's?),

Started by tomslik, February 24, 2005, 08:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

sure is fun learnin' a furrin' langage.... :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

34ford

Quote from: "tomslik"sure is fun learnin' a furrin' langage.... :lol:

Yup, looks like Fat Cat will have to install a new SpellCheck  :lol:  :lol: .Think it's called DownUnder 5.0.  :wink:

Seriously though welcome aboard guys. It's a great place to hang out.  8)

bob

Bert

cheers, I feel like the new kid at a new school starting half way through the year because the old one burnt down :( anyway.........thanks for the warm welcome......Bert :wink: heres a pic of my son sandin back our 30 A rpu
Rods, music, family, friends......what more could I want?

Bob K

Quote from: "Bert"cheers, I feel like the new kid at a new school starting half way through the year because the old one burnt down :( anyway.........thanks for the warm welcome......Bert :wink: heres a pic of my son sandin back our 30 A rpu

Welcome aboard Bert and all the rest of you funny talking guy's.

Looks like you have to get the kid to rub a little harder, there ain't no dust on the floor. LOL  :lol:

Is that a removable panel on top of the cowl, are all aussie A's like that?

B :?: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Bert

Na, I did all the hard work with a stripper wheel 8) , he was just smoothin the metal and gettin a feel.......Its an improved A, as for the top panel, its the whole tank as one piece I think........new to rodding, so we dont know alot about the models/panels etc......I might need to seperate the whole cowl though.....then i can strip and paint properly...heres some more pics....check out the wood in the door :roll:

mr model a

Quote from: "Faat Rod"
Is that a removable panel on top of the cowl, are all aussie A's like that?

B :?: B

g'day
that removable panel is the original fuel tank, our model A's are the same as yours :wink:
BTW, we call em an " improved A " which is a weird local term for the 30-31 models.
cheers, phil

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "34ford"
Quote from: "tomslik"sure is fun learnin' a furrin' langage.... :lol:

Yup, looks like Fat Cat will have to install a new SpellCheck  :lol:  :lol: .Think it's called DownUnder 5.0.  :wink:

Seriously though welcome aboard guys. It's a great place to hang out.  8)

bob

Careful; . . . Downunder 5.7 if you please!

halfdone

Downunder 5.0 had a bug.......

When you drank more than 12 beers it turned everything you said into mindless giberish

Bert

We talk funny?... My sheila was watchin an episode of Jerry springer the other day on the tele and struth :shock: ......I couldnt understand one flamin thing they were sayin........pigs * we talk funny :lol:  :lol: ................I suppose we drive on the right side too :P .....actually I have a hard time playin my sons playstation 2 Grand theft auto.....sheeeezz, Im always on the wrong side crashin and dodgin:roll: look out if I ever come over...one day I will, Id love too......I want to go to buddy guys legends club, cruise route 66{just to say I did it}check out california, fender factory, moon factory, some rod runs....all I need is time, $$$, lose my fear of flyin and Im there.............how do you like rod hadfields 55 chev...I visited his workshop when that thing was half built, it freaked me out then :-o .....................Cheers, Bert

klassik

Hey Bert, If you get even half a chance to go over there do it!. My wife and I spent 3 weeks driving from LA to Nashville and back. Well I drove all but 20 minutes of the trip.

The wife unit freaked herself out driving on the glove box side of the car which freaked me out LOL  :wink:

We only had a couple of mishaps on the roads there and it is usually when there is no-one else around that ya kinda forget. Easiest way to remember is left shoulder to the centre of the road.

Unfortunately, there isnt much left of the Mother road mate, just bits and pieces.

Craig
Before you criticise anyone walk a mile in their shoes, then you will be a mile away and you will have their shoes :lol:

Bert

cool, yes I know what you mean about the driving...I have drivin a lefty on our roads here which was fun :shock: ....not a good feeling hangin by the footpath whilst driving, though........I will keep practicing on GTA :lol:  :lol: .......until such time i get to go.......what about the accerator being near the gearbox hump?....the cable/lever/rods, whatever, must exit the center of the firewall......now that, my friends.....is weird........ :wink: sitting on the right isnt real good for drag racing/launching is it? thats a good enough reason on its own to go visit :wink:  .Bert

klassik

It is funny you know how easilly you get used to driving there.

The road laws are much the same as they are here, just reversed from left to right..... Where we have slip lanes at intersections with traffic lights and we can turn left if we give way....They are allowed to turn right at a red light if they give way. Except for where there is a sign saying they cant do so.

The most notable thing there on the roads is the speed they drive at. They are bloody lunatics lol (no offense...any lawyers lurking here?  :roll: )

Maybe we would be too if we werent under the Draconian speed restrictions and hefty fine/points system we are now.

We would often be 5 mph over the limit there, in some cases in 75 mph zones... :!:  Let me see 80 mph is 130 kph. that is a loss of licence for 12 months here  :oops:

Mind you the interstates there are immaculate compared to our goat tracks.

Craig

edit: oh and the accelerator near the hump was no problem nor was the gear lever (auto) I did however manage to get a nice tan on my left arm to match my right arm from driving here. :lol:
Before you criticise anyone walk a mile in their shoes, then you will be a mile away and you will have their shoes :lol:

halfdone

The toughest part I found was that because I had driven left hook cars here for a while I was used to following the inside line and compensating for the width......I spent most of the first week in the US in the breakdown lane hugging the gutter and dodging parked cars.

Got to San Jose at 5 PM on a Friday and had to drive interstates 101 and 601 to get too me motel (sorry I mean Executive Serviced Appartment) though peak hour commute traffic.......

After 6 months there I had the same problem when I came home......

All I need to try now is a RHD car in the US.......then I have all combo's under control.

When I finish the '37 Roadster Ute (about 2 decades after I start on it) I want to take it stateside and do the full rod run season, then sell it

Of course doing some work on the 3 projects I have already started might help......

Poida

I was in Honolulu and rented a Mustang convertible, which I was sure would give a better chance of meeting some locals. I was down near Waikiki and a couple of sheilas heard me ordering lunch and said the they "just plumb loved " my accent.

We arranged to meet later, then I casually strolled over to the Mustang, and jumped in, only to find that some mongrel had stolen the steering wheel!!  :oops:

I think I got away with it though - I opened the glove box and rummaged through that for a while, then slid across to the where the steering wheel was. I thought I heard them laughing as I drove off, but they may have been excited to meet me. Strange that, because they didn't turn up later.

Poida

river1

Quote from: "Poida"We arranged to meet later, then I casually strolled over to the Mustang, and jumped in, only to find that some mongrel had stolen the steering wheel!!  :oops:

I think I got away with it though - I opened the glove box and rummaged through that for a while, then slid across to the where the steering wheel was.

SMOOOOOOTH :ha)

i'll have to remember that trick should i ever make it down under. :wink:

later jim

PS WELCOME TO ALL THE AUSSIES.
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.