HRI Refugees

Started by Jahoota, February 23, 2005, 02:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

Mr34

Man there is Heaps of Aussies here!!!

But then again, our mission IS to take over the world.....

la la la..................

Bern_32

Another Aussie refugee here - just as long as Amanda Vanstone lets me back home!! (Sorry - Aussie joke  :D )
I am really new to rodding have no rod yet but have one planned and almost full costed :?  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
It will be a '32 Ford with late model running gear and motor etc... No exactly a "true" rod but my rod nonetheless.  :D

Bern
"Just a Kid in a Hopped Up Model A"

halfdone

I'm another of the invading HRI refugees

I can't believe you just let me into your country like that

What no Detention Centre ???, how un-Australian of you !!

This all looks fairly familiar......same Icons, same buttons, same emoticons I'm too stupid too use

Guess I can get used to this........

Except the colors (USA spelling already!)

That background looks like tummy juice........the last stuff to come out just before the carrots !

But what color are the highlights? Babbypoo?? CatPuke ????

Actually come to think of it the decore looks a bit like a detention centre.....and where theres a detention centre......theres lawyers!

What's da spull chuck buddon doo???

Mark

X38

Ah yes Bern, but at least you won't have to park "over there." Good for you!

(now this is a tasty subject, even if it is chewed to death)

halfdone

Cool

The HRI profile got rid of the TummyJuice colored background

Almost looks like home

Apart from the CatSpew highlights with teal writing......

OK...who can I insult first

32coupe

Wait in line, we got here before you.................

Me and X38 have a head start...............muwahhhhaaa.....I think it goes something like that
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

TJ's Dad

Well Gidday .. finally made it ... been flat out changin tyres for new 'tires' .. lucky i had a ' quart' bottle to do oil change but wot really stumped me was after i removed the mudguards i couldnt find any 'fenders'

So HRI is no longer and RRT is our new home .. I havent been here in ages .. so a re introduction..

I've been about the rodding scene over 35 years .. seen a lot of change (most for the better) but never seen or heard of anything as ludicrious as our recent plight.

Our stable presently consists of 26 Rugby 2dr Tourer .. 350 chev T400 n Jag Rear .. Missus has a 52 Morris 2 dr Topless .. teenage son has a 65 Falcon S/W we're building it into a 'woody' and a Rat Rod built from a collection of junk ( I'm a towie n collect un wanted cars)

Also picked up (free) last Sat a 74 Toyota Corolla 2dr .. fitted with twin cam 2T motor  ... this lil sucker really flies .... gonna be the family "drag" car ..... Carps tells me they're quite rare and he's gonna see if toyota have got any left over 'go faster bits' from their program .

Notice Mr Cool is here and says he will go easy ......... not a chance !! watch him he's bluffing ... and a word of warning , never leave ur jumper (sweater) lying about if he's near .. they tend to have one sleeve stitched closed after he's gone !!!

Nice spot here .. but where's all the Trees ????
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

old32

Hi All,
I'm back for a bit.
After running the Melbourne Hot Rod Show in Melbourne at the end of January, I took a little break from rodding to catch up on some events happenng at home, only to tune in at the end of the big blow up.
I think that I was lucky because sometimes I have a big mouth and may have got myself into hot water, as it is I did not see any of the post that caused all the trouble.
For you Aussies that know me, I'll let you know what I'm up to.
I've finished with the Hot Rod Show as of this one and am shifting down Sparks way to Mertung, near Lakes Entrance. I have already taken posession of the house but am still waiting to sell my house( If any of you Yanks wanta little joint Down Under awith a large garage lets know
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&ag=&s=vic&c=74704346&tm=1109550234&id=102179872&f=0&p=10&t=res&ty=&snf=rbs&cu=&fmt=&header= I'm also in the middle of selling my business, so you can see things have been a bit busy at the moment.
I'm also trying to arrange the building of a garage from 300k away, (180 miles for the Yanks), My new next door neighbour( Slim Dusty) died last year so can't call on him to help, and now there is talk of shutting the local pub because of Land Tax. Hey Slim maybe the song "Pub With No Beer" could have been about Metung.
Good to see you all.
:twisted:  :twisted: The Older I Get The Faster I Was :twisted:  :twisted:

jeffa

"Old 32": no wonder you're selling that old dump! Not enough garage space!
"Halfdone": Slightly off topic here, but re the tummy juice and carrots: did you know all male (and a few female) humans have a carrot gland?
You can tell because no matter how long ago you ate carrots, there's always some in the juice. I know of some confirmed carnivors who have been known to eject carrots, finely diced, even though they have never had them.
I think the carrot gland makes carrots out of alcohol.

old32

Quote from: "jeffa""Old 32": no wonder you're selling that old dump! Not enough garage space!
Na the adverts kinda wrong, ask Carps, there is about 11 squars of Hot Rod space but I have to keep one spot for my wife's car just to keep the peace.
:twisted:  :twisted: The Older I Get The Faster I Was :twisted:  :twisted:

Mr Cool

Quote from: "TJ's Dad"Well Gidday .. finally made it
About bloody time Mike
QuoteNotice Mr Cool is here and says he will go easy ......... not a chance !! watch him he's bluffing ... and a word of warning , never leave ur jumper (sweater) lying about if he's near .. they tend to have one sleeve stitched closed after he's gone !!!
Lies, its all lies. You really should pick up your dirty laundry mate, * thing was all stuck together after reading those magazines, it wasnt me, honest :lol:
How's the new sign for your business anyway?
Next time I visit I'll try and think of something original. I just happen to have a can of pink paint here, now how would........ nah, never mind, let him work it out.

QuoteNice spot here .. but where's all the Trees ????
Here they are. Bloody no-good greenie tree huggers....

Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

Anonymous

The Gang is all here I see.

Choco I think I would not be concerned about Dolly or the boyfriend.

Just worry about this Guy who you do not remember from HRI. :wink:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Franky Any news on th BSmith stuff  :?:

TJ's Mum

Thanks to FatCat for setting the forum up

I am TJ's Mum (Jenny)

I got a 1952 morris minor topless lololol
Ya gotta have em to be one

Sled56

Yep, I,m another one of the Aussie Invaders, Iv,e been on leave for e few weeks and in the mean time someone dropped a bomb in the middle of the HRI. Thanks to the RRT for hosting us refugies. I caught up with Cool32 and co at Ballarat swap, got the good oil on this forum so I too have defected, to Carps, Choco and Australians Inc, let thefun begin.
Theres only one substitute for cubic inches, Supercharged Cubic Inches.