HRI Refugees

Started by Jahoota, February 23, 2005, 02:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jahoota

I thought I'd start a thread where new HRI refugees can introduce ourselves to everyone else here at the RRT! Whilst some HRI members are already here, it looks like there is a pile of newbies signing on as knights!

enough craping on, he's me!

Had a model A roadster pickup on the go but had to sell it just to survive when I & the ex split (it was the very last thing I sold tho and I held out till the emd!!!  :lol:  )

Anyway, I now have a set of original A rails and rear X member and am  starting to slowy collect pieces to build up the chassis. The body will probably be a fully fendered phantom A tourer (2 door, vicky style back). Also, hopefully by the end of the year I hope to purchase a 50-54 chev as a second car to the grocery getter! Hopefully lower it, seude black paint (maybe scallops) and painted steelies, just for crusing about.

Pretty much love all rods & kustoms, and also like US 60's muscle cars (them 67/8/9 Camaro's are the goods)

I, like plenty of newer rodders (if age 41 is newer!  :lol:  ) dont have a trade background. More a business one. That said, I'm reasonably handy and I'm not afraid to ask dumb questions. I didnt ask 'em in the past when I should of, especially when it came to rodding. I guess if we learn the lesson its OK!

I dont bite and I dont have intentions of suing anybody, no matter what names they call me!  :P
Paint chips add character...

Brootal

Quote from: "Jahoota"
Anyway, I now have a set of original A rails and rear X member and am  starting to slowy collect pieces to build up the chassis. The body will probably be a fully fendered phantom A tourer (2 door, vicky style back). Also, hopefully by the end of the year I hope to purchase a 50-54 chev as a second car to the grocery getter! Hopefully lower it, seude black paint (maybe scallops) and painted steelies, just for crusing about.

I think you've been hanging around Dave too long!

The RRT was the first Hot Rod Forum I ever joined. Although I've got a handful of posts on this iteration, I was a more regular poster when there weren't any other options.

I met many people in the US through the RRT and enjoyed accommodation and hospitality while over there during my honeymoon. I just hope one day some of you Seppos will come down under and we can return the favour.

You may have to be driven around in 1950 Zorch Street Custom (Aussie joke), but we'll be able to talk about the days when hiboy roadsters terrorised the streets and everyone had a good time.

Hopefully that last bit will never happen!

Anyway, you guys have been warned, although you've survived over 5 years of my crap, so you should be able to handle a few more Aussies. :)
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

spark

OK I'll put my hand up, I have been a member of this forum for a while, I do drop in and see what's going on, however I post (or rather did post) mostly on the other board.

I am a first time rod builder, my project is a 30-31 Ford closed cab pickup. I started with 4 panels – 2 doors, a cowl and a back panel. The pickup is on repro A rails, it has a  RodTech independent front end, 8inch rear with triangulated 4 bar and coilovers, also 302 Windsor / C4.

I hope I can add to this forum and others from the other site find their way here as they are a good bunch.      
[/img]
8) ANY info or comments are most welcome.  8)

www.hotrodforum.freeforums.org .

chris spokes

8) hi guys i made it too wow so much like home maybe we could take over this site  :lol:  my name is chris between my 18 year old son and i we have 2 model A roadster pickups 2 36 chev 4door sedans and another set of A bones for a project down the track a ways.hope we can all get along here without being sued :roll:
he who has the most toys wins

enjenjo

Welcome to all our Aussie friends. We are glad to help you out as long as needed, but we plan to pick your brains while you are here. Any questions about the site, feel free to ask. We;ll be here for you.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Looks like we're being invaded :shock: ...and... that's a good thing!I have met a few who already frequent this forum and look forward to BS'ing with the rest of you! I have been following the goings on with your message board.....it's hard for us in the US to even imagine such a thing happening.Welcome and enjoy your stay!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

rooster

Welcome aboard Mates!

CruZer

I'm a newby,too,so welcome to a great place to talk hot rods.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "CruZer"I'm a newby,too,so welcome to a great place to talk hot rods.

I just wanted to say welcome to all of you new guys (gals?) also.  I don't know what I'm going to do now when I get over there.  I'll have so many people to visit I won't ever be able to get back to the states and finish my projects  :D

I'm really sorry about what happen to your site, but I think you will find this is a pretty good place to hang out.

Hope some of you can make it over this way.

c ya, Sum

rumrumm

Welcome aboard! This is  becoming more of an international site. COOL!!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

32coupe

Hi Guys, I'm jumping ship as well.
I got a glass 32/3 window, this is my third rod, and boy do I love this one.

Runs on Propane, it's cheap and easy to get here, but Choco isn't to fond of the idea :lol:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Dave

Quote from: "32coupe"Hi Guys, I'm jumping ship as well.
I got a glass 32/3 window, this is my third rod, and boy do I love this one.

Runs on Propane, it's cheap and easy to get here, but Choco isn't to fond of the idea :lol:

Looks good.. And again Welcome.. Heres a link to my 32.
http://home.comcast.net/~n8dc-8/hotrod0.html
Dave :wink:

hotrodmatt

Hi Guys,

I have come over here too. I guess I am a wannabe rodder. At the moment family and and resources leave me only tinkering with VWs but the Aussie HRI has been very helpful for me steeling my ideas about what I want when I can get a rod sometime in the future.

The people there have been great and accepting of a guy whose only input into the scene is art, photography and zealousness ... and the occassional bit of technical knowledge that I may have happened to stumble across.

Thanks to you guys for having us here.

Matt

hotrodbob

I for one am glad you guys have joined us here. Now Carps won't be the only one posting here with an accent!

For those of you that may make it here for the L.A. Roadster Show in June, common over to my place for a BBQ Saturday night. It's our not quite annual event. There is a thread sum place here (RRT Haute Cuisine Tour 2005) about it. A weeks worth of cruzin, mfg shop tours and did I say Cruzin.

If ya make it the week before (June 12), the Road Kings do their annual FREE car show at Johnny Carson Park in Beautiful down town Burbank. Last year there were over 700 cars.

Welcome again, what can we do to make you feel welcomed?
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

choco

So where is Dolly? And Dolly's Boyfriend?
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>