Aussie HRI plug being pulled

Started by Pep, February 22, 2005, 10:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassik

Quote from: "SKR8PN"I can pretty much figure the rest of it out,but, What is a dunny door????????
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
A Dunny is an Aussie icon. I think you guys call it an outhouse.

The Redbacks might atack ya
But there's nothing much to fear
They always sneak up from behind
So you just protect ya rear.

:lol:
Before you criticise anyone walk a mile in their shoes, then you will be a mile away and you will have their shoes :lol:

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "klassik"
Quote from: "SKR8PN"I can pretty much figure the rest of it out,but, What is a dunny door????????

LMAO!! sorry Jim but that was funny  :lol:   the place is hoppin now!! ha ha
Debb

hotrodbob

Carl I think I told her, but that wont matter. I have anothe group to take up the stuff she wont or cant. I'll still get the food on . Chips n dips and the barbi still cook up some good ftdat will be just  dog stull logs the burning  burning of the food
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

hotrodbob

I musta been real tired when I did the last post.

BBQ is still on. Wife still dosen't know. Chips N Dip, Burgers and hotdogs on me. Drinks are on your own.

Saturday after the Roadster show is when. I'll post directions when it gets closer.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

OzRod

Quote from: "klassik"

The dunny is an ozzie icon alright.... It's up there along with the hills hoist, the funnel web, Banjo Paterson, the boiling billie, the ute of coarse, corrugated iron sheds and boxes and boxes of twist tops!

SCR8PN are you confused yet? :D

a25Chevrod

hotrodbob wrote
QuoteWelcome again, what can we do to make you feel welcomed?

Mate........................... just show us where your fridge is................. 8)  8)  8)  8)

a25Chevrod :!:
I love anything thats turns $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ into noise

chris spokes

8) and toss another shrimp on the barbie :lol:
he who has the most toys wins

Carps

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"LMAO!! sorry Jim but that was funny  :lol:   the place is hoppin now!! ha ha
Debb

So you think it's funny that some poor bugger is hoppin up and down whilst waiting for the one sitting on the dunny to finsish reading the lates issue of Hot Rodiin magazine.  

I can see we're not gunna have it that easy now we're back here full time, you murricans are clearly pretty tough.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

rx4ord

I heard that the word DUNNY was a derivative of DUNEDIN. Dunno really but if Kiwis can't fly I should be safe here!!
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower

Carps

Quote from: "Stakebed"I've had a few thoughts about this that I'm going to share fwiw.
  It seems to me the ASRF is a buisness, much like the NSRA in the US. As I understand it they have office staff, board of directors, etc.

I'm probably late on this, but just couldn't be bothered reading the rest of the thread first to see if anybody has answered this.

ASRF is not a privately owned business like NSRA and Gooduys.  It is a not for profit association of clubs and individual members built by the sweat and blood of those members and owned and funded by the same members.  It is managed by a groupe of members elected by the owners.  There is one employee, the National Administrator, who displeased with soemthing some of the mebers said on the HRI, took out a law suit against a member who has busted his guts and spent his own money to foster and encourage active participation in our hobby across the nation.  

That's why the action he's initiated sucks.  And why the members or 'owners' of the organisation are so flamin mad.
Carps

Carps

Please don't be offended by my tone in the previous post,

I'm not angry at anyone here, but I just watched the only good Aussie Hot Rod BBS die and I am very angry about that even tho I know I shouldn't take it out on you guys and gals.
Carps

32coupe

Carps is only saying what we all feel, lets hope that we see the HRI again soon.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Stakebed

Quote from: "Carps"Please don't be offended by my tone in the previous post,

I'm not angry at anyone here, but I just watched the only good Aussie Hot Rod BBS die and I am very angry about that even tho I know I shouldn't take it out on you guys and gals.

No offense taken, my only info on ASRF was from the posts about this situation. I wasn't sure but got the impression there was a paid office staff, which i guess is 1 individual. I hope with enough outrage expressed by the owners he goes down the road. It's just too bad he suceeded in destroying a valuable resource for rodding first.

Mr34

I dont think anyone was fully aware of the implications of the Australian law precedents that were previously set and the subsequent implications before the recent (ie yesterday!) HRI disaster.

In actual fact the whole time the board was operating it was probably open to being sued by anyone that took offence to what was said about themselves or something else.
The fact that everyone on there was a hot rodder to some degree proves how light hearted we are because no one ever brought legal action until a few weeks ago.

It seems to me to be a highly ironic situation that the individual that initiated the first legal action after all those years just happened to be the federations national Administrator, and the issue that the whole thing errupted over was, (well at the time) it seemed to be an issue that threatened the future of our hobby/sport in Australia. Namely the formation of a splinter federation for street machines, cuctoms.

So the whole debacle could not have occured in a more highly emotion charged setting.

It is also a vastly cruel twist of fate that the one person that got completely screwed by the whole thing  (so far...wait for it, there may be more to come!) was one person that it has been widely acknowledged that put more into hot roddings future than alot of the rest of us combined.

So yeah, I can understand why many people are upset.
As has been stated many times before in the past few weeks, and indeed in the past few years... Communication would help!!!!
It would have postponed this whole drama, although i think it was coming one way or the other, either in this form about this drama, or in another form about another drama down the track.

It was saddening to go online today, and know that the forum wasnt there. I went to the link for old times sake and read the statement placed there, which gives me some hope.

Although this forum helps greatly, so many members are at different forums now, so it will never be the same.

RIPHRI

Mr Cool

Quote from: "gt28a"
Quote from: "spark"
I hope all his chooks turn into EMU's and kick his dunny door down.

And I do belive the quote is....."May the hairs on his A** turn into Emu legs and kick the S**T out of him"
I do believe Spark is right.
And the other is "May the hairs on your bum turn into drumsticks and beat the crap outta you.
For you gt, "May your fingernails turn into fish-hooks and you get itchy nuts"
Am I allowed to say that?
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.