Wide Whites or Blackwalls

Wide Whites
15 (31.3%)
Blackwalls
33 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: February 04, 2005, 04:10:18 PM

Bib_Overalls

I'm getting ready to put new rubber on my roadster.  I'v run the scab tires for about 5,000 miles now and they really need to go.  So the question is - wide whites with beauty rings or blackwalls.   I do value your opinions.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

n.c.rodder

So the question is - wide whites with beauty rings or blackwalls.   I do value your opinions.[/quote]

I voted for WW - But your car  would look equally nice either way. (I guess I'm not much help) :?:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

enjenjo

It's interesting to note that the poll results are just exactly the opposite here, as they are on the HAMB. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"I'm getting ready to put new rubber on my roadster.  I'v run the scab tires for about 5,000 miles now and they really need to go.  So the question is - wide whites with beauty rings or blackwalls.   I do value your opinions.

WIDE WHITES!!!!!   Always  :lol:  :lol:
I do like it as it is also, but I like WW.
I want to do the vote thing but it wont let me  :cry:  :?

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"
Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"I'm getting ready to put new rubber on my roadster.  I'v run the scab tires for about 5,000 miles now and they really need to go.  So the question is - wide whites with beauty rings or blackwalls.   I do value your opinions.

WIDE WHITES!!!!!   Always  :lol:  :lol:
I do like it as it is also, but I like WW.
I want to do the vote thing but it wont let me  :cry:  :?
nevermind I got it, wasn't logged in until I sent this, then the vote thing came up
Debb

Crosley.In.AZ

I'd try some white pin stripes on the wheels before you remove the black wall tires.

1 or 2 lines may really wake the wheels up
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Sean

I don't like wide-whites on anything. That was an easy vote... :wink:

58 Yeoman

I like WW's on some cars, but I like the looks of yours the way it is.  Try like Tony said, with a stripe or two on the wheels.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

jaybee

If it were a "fancy" car I'd say wide whites.  Your car is down-and-dirty-hot-and-nasty-get-the-job-done.  To me it says blackwalls.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

rumrumm

Blackwalls. But add the trim rings!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

purplepickup

Quote from: "rumrumm"Blackwalls. But add the trim rings!
Eggzactly what I wuz gunna say :D  

My car years started in the '60s when whitewalls meant you had your parents car.  To me, WW's belong on Kustoms and not much else.

I suppose black wall bias tires would work if you really feel the need to be more "traditional" but in my opinion there are some sacrifices if you do.
George

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "purplepickup"

To me, WW's belong on Kustoms and not much else.

Must be why I love them  :wink:  :wink:
Debb

av8

George pretty much nailed it -- has a lot to do with what was trick in your past.  Of course, that means that RWL tires are gonna be big again for some . . . :lol:

Trim rings are needed for sure to get rid of that 'just left the tire store' look -- with WW or BWs.

If the old tires are ready for the recycler, paint WW on 'em with vinyl house paint and just study the look for a few days, from different angles, different times of day, etc. It should tell you which look you'd prefer.

Mike

RodZZilla

Looks great the way it is.  I am not a fan of white walls at all.  Loosing my taste for white letters, too.  Blackwall all the way. 8)
There is a fine line between hardcore and stupid.

47wood

IMHO blackwalls with the beauty rings Steve.   Cal  :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!