Chat problems and maybe how to cure em.

Started by Dave, January 28, 2005, 06:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I was  and have been monitoring the char room and I noticed I was getting disconnected from the chat. There is a command /refresh that changes the refresh rate of the chat screen. From what I see if left at the default it changes from 10 seconds to not refreshing. I set mine /refresh 10 for a constant 10 second refresh. Im going out to look at the new street scene watch the barrett jackson auction and get slightly hammered :lol: Just cause its friday. Ill chack back later to see if it helped me any with the dicsonnects and ill let yall know. The thing is with no activity like only me hanging in the chat room is when im getting disconnected I think. Oh ya just cause heres a good one. I went to the auto parts store tonite cause the wifes malibu needs an oil change and id like to do it this weekend so I bought stuff for her car and the new truck for when its due ... Guess what ?I got no way of removing the oil filter.....
Dave

slocrow

Quote from: "N8DC"... Guess what ?I got no way of removing the oil filter.....
Dave

Here's a thought. With your new tool less environment and seeing that it's your wife's car, get one of her large 12" chef knives. With a catch basin placed under the filter, stab it through the filter almost up to the handle with the blade in a vertical position and push counter clock wise. This should not only loosen the filter but will allow for some pent up insurance agent aggression. :twisted:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

phat rat

and the catch basin should be a piece of her best cookware  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "N8DC"... Guess what ?I got no way of removing the oil filter.....
Dave

Here's a thought. With your new tool less environment and seeing that it's your wife's car, get one of her large 12" chef knives. With a catch basin placed under the filter, stab it through the filter almost up to the handle with the blade in a vertical position and push counter clock wise. This should not only loosen the filter but will allow for some pent up insurance agent aggression. :twisted:

Thanks guys .... I knew I could could on you...
Dave

enjenjo

I figured when the oil got dirty, you bought her a new one. :twisted:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.