Ford truck recall

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 27, 2005, 08:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

We come home today and hear on the news that Ford has issued a recall on some F-150 trucks for a possible fire from an electrical switch.  I seem to remember that  Ford has been  down the path before with faulty switches.

Of course the recall includes our 2001 F-150 Super Crew truck.  I will probably call my good buddy Glen when the recall comes up on our truck

next part;

tomslik will like this one;

Honda 1800 Goldwings had a recall on the aluminum frame under them.  Seems some welding process was changed in 2002 and some bikes had frames cracking in 2002 & 2003 bikes.

On January 26 ( my birth-day) Honda issued an expansion of the recall on frame re-welds to include additional 2003 bikes and of course some early production  2004 bikes.  

My Goldwing is #35 off the assembly line, so .....My 2004 goldwing is in the VIN recall range .
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Crosley"
On January 26 ( my birth-day) ...

Happy Belated Birthday, Tony!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

58 Yeoman

Happy Birthday Tony.  I'd send you a gift, but I could never match the gifts that Ford and Honda gave you. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"We come home today and hear on the news that Ford has issued a recall on some F-150 trucks for a possible fire from an electrical switch.  I seem to remember that  Ford has been  down the path before with faulty switches.

Of course the recall includes our 2001 F-150 Super Crew truck.  I will probably call my good buddy Glen when the recall comes up on our truck

next part;

tomslik will like this one;

Honda 1800 Goldwings had a recall on the aluminum frame under them.  Seems some welding process was changed in 2002 and some bikes had frames cracking in 2002 & 2003 bikes.

On January 26 ( my birth-day) Honda issued an expansion of the recall on frame re-welds to include additional 2003 bikes and of course some early production  2004 bikes.  

My Goldwing is #35 off the assembly line, so .....My 2004 goldwing is in the VIN recall range .

way back when, a friend of mine bought an elsinor that the frame broke on, they had problems then,too.
fast bike, though....

so, what's the "fix" on the goldwing?
new frame?

btw, let the ford burn but park it down the block :D
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"

way back when, a friend of mine bought an elsinor that the frame broke on, they had problems then,too.
fast bike, though....

so, what's the "fix" on the goldwing?
new frame?

btw, let the ford burn but park it down the block :D

=== One more item.... early in the recall of frame stuff on some of the Honda bikes where the frame had separated, some guys recieved replacement bikes....

One fellow has a replacement Goldwing that is now in the expanded frame recall!

The basic repair is the bike is partially disassembled and the frame area on the bottom near the center stand is ground out and re-welded with a large tig machine.  It is a section of frame where a large extruded piece meets up with tube sections

On my Ford  truck...I was going to install new Michelin tires on it saturday.

Mayb I need to go to Pep Boys to get some tires?

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)