newbie on the block

Started by mrloboy, February 21, 2004, 11:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrloboy

Hi all!
I thought it appropriate to introduce myself to the board. I have been lurking here for awhile and have found the information and comradery to my tastes and felt it was time to join the mix. I recognize many names here from previous boards that I have been akin to, and to all those who remember me, a warm hello! To the rest of you, I look forward to future informative exchanges and hopeful personally meetings somewhere, somehow, sometime.

I am located in the remote community of Baldur, Manitoba, Canada, about 20 miles north of the US border. I own and operate a street rod fabrication facility and dabble in metal sculturing as a hobby.

I am single and have two children. My son Andrew (15) lives with me and my daughter Jessica is attending University in Alberta on her journey into a career in medicine.

I drive a 1961 Pontiac Parisienne (Canadian model) convertible, basically stock, mildly lowered with a 350/TH350 drivetrain. I have a couple hundred or so project cars in my back yard to play with, I just can't make up my mind which one I want! Top on the list is a '52 Buick Roadmaster convertible.

I hope to have some helpful input to some of the topics here. I do know, that there is much to learn from all the member already present on the board.   Regards: rj

purplepickup

Welcome Rick.  
:b-d:

That '52 Roadmaster will be a nice cruiser.  That would be top on my list too if I had one.
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Welcome back around bud.  Great group of folks hanging out here  Nothing has changed much on my end.  Big Olds still looks the same.  Hopefully a top will be going on this spring and some copper tinted primer as well.  Please pass my hello on to the kids.  I'd thought I'd post a few photos for everyones viewing pleasure.

One of Rick's masterpieces for the town

Me sitting in my favorite project on the property  :D

and I'd say 100 projects is an understatment  :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Hi Rick! Glad you decided to join us.Look forward to running into you somewhere down the road this year....If the snow ever melts!Stay warm!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

mrloboy

Thanks!

Copper! Nah! Big Olds wouldn't be the same without his satin black tux' and no undies!

Thanks for the pics! I know and you know I will never figure out how to post those on the site! Seeing the pic of my Roadmaster gets the old adrenaline running. Unfortunately all my stuff is under about eight feet of snow! www.loboys.com is doing great. We are getting some neat stuff coming out of the Great White North!

The kids are doing great! Hope to see you soon. rj

mrloboy

Hi Daryle!

Thanks!  Look forward to seeing you this summer, somehere! Are you going to Back to the 50's or possibly the Devils Run in Devils Lake, ND? If so, send me an e-mail and we can arrange to meet. The Devil's Run is a blast and a real inexpensive weekend. rj

I will definately be at The 50's and the run at Devils Lake sure sounds like fun....What are the dates?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

mrloboy

Daryle
The Devil's Run is on June 4, 5 & 6th. Entry is cheap and they feed you like a Prized Steer! For more info go to www.greaterdakotaclassics.com
You can get other links like those on my own site. www.loboys.com
rj

moparrodder

HI RICK!!!  Good to see ya again and Welcome to the board!!  Let me tell everyone that Rick is a super friend to have!!  Gail and I met Rick and his family at BTTF in 2002 and was realy heart warming to be cruzin around with them. they made you feel like part of the family!!  And yes Rick does know his way around a project as he has given me a lot of ideas for our 40,even sent detailed pics of a suspension buildup of a 40 like ours!  Thanks for the help Rick!! 8)   Rick will be an asset to the board and I look foreward to his ideas and info and hope to meet up with him again in person in the future. :D   Again,welcome Rick!!!  Bill   8)

47wood

Rick,

Welcome to the RRT.  Looks like you've got a nice "problem" with all those cars in the back to choose from.  Glad you're joining the knowledge base.
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

zzebby

Welcome from another Canuck who left the great white north for the Az sunshine.  Seeing your location does bring familiarity pangs.  Have spent a few weeks at wifey's relatives who are grain farmers in the Arbourg area.  They also have old tin just pushed back into the farm bush.  Got lots of sheet metal there and plan to return for a rust free 48 Ford sedan one day.  Just recently made a fast run to Sask and back with a  64 Beaumont shell.  Just had to have one to be different from the Chevelle guys.  The border crossing was so remote  that the guard kept me there 2 hrs  just to BS.   There were no others crossing the whole time.  The Sask farmers have a saying "you can see your dog run away for three days".  Remote  does not describe it.
Welcome here ,  some good reads as you know.

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "mrloboy"Hi all!
I thought it appropriate to introduce myself to the board. I have been lurking here for awhile and have found the information and comradery to my tastes and felt it was time to join the mix. I recognize many names here from previous boards that I have been akin to, and to all those who remember me, a warm hello! To the rest of you, I look forward to future informative exchanges and hopeful personally meetings somewhere, somehow, sometime.

I am located in the remote community of Baldur, Manitoba, Canada, about 20 miles north of the US border. I own and operate a street rod fabrication facility and dabble in metal sculturing as a hobby.

I am single and have two children. My son Andrew (15) lives with me and my daughter Jessica is attending University in Alberta on her journey into a career in medicine.

I drive a 1961 Pontiac Parisienne (Canadian model) convertible, basically stock, mildly lowered with a 350/TH350 drivetrain. I have a couple hundred or so project cars in my back yard to play with, I just can't make up my mind which one I want! Top on the list is a '52 Buick Roadmaster convertible.

I hope to have some helpful input to some of the topics here. I do know, that there is much to learn from all the member already present on the board.   Regards: rj

Welcome aboard!  You can't have too many cars in your back yard.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Carps

Welcome aboard Rick.....

Now about those 'projects' a large truck will arrive shortly with a forty fgoot shipping container on it.  Just jamb as many as you can inside without damaging them and he'll take them to a place where they will be properly attended to.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

couper

Quote from: "mrloboy"Hi all!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Carps"Welcome aboard Rick.....

Now about those 'projects' a large truck will arrive shortly with a forty fgoot shipping container on it.  Just jamb as many as you can inside without damaging them and he'll take them to a place where they will be properly attended to.   :wink:

Heck, I'll take them with minor damage!!!! :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.