Cooling fan arrives

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 15, 2005, 12:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I took some suggestions and bought an electric cooling fan for my Dodge....  I think i will use an adjustable electronic controller for the fan.  The fan comes with a 20 amp fuse wire setup.

I hauled the fan home today along with an extender shelf for my tool box from Sears.  The new 1 wire altenator was in the trunk of my Goldwing.

Any body else riding their scooters to work?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

well, Tony, if you read my post about checking to see if your garage door is frozen to the floor after all the rain we had, then freezing temps...you'd know that I'm not riding mine.  Nine degrees above zero here this am.

Had to move railcars yesterday at work, and the padlocks on the switches and derails were all frozen; had to use a propane torch to thaw them out.  Yep...ya gotta love the midwest.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

yikes.....garage door  frozen to the concrete?  

Heat pump is functioning great in my shop.  It maintains the temp right on the money.  I have it set on 63*F .  I am gonna hate to see the electric bill  :shock:

It is 37*F here this AM.  How do you folks put up with temps in the 10's & 20's?
Tony

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"yikes.....garage door  frozen to the concrete?  

Heat pump is functioning great in my shop.  It maintains the temp right on the money.  I have it set on 63*F .  I am gonna hate to see the electric bill  :shock:

It is 37*F here this AM.  How do you folks put up with temps in the 10's & 20's?

You get used to it, 37 becomes shirt sleeve weather after a while.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Crosley"yikes.....garage door  frozen to the concrete?  

You get used to it, 37 becomes shirt sleeve weather after a while.

How true.

Phil

"Anybody else riding thier scooters to work" ....Only if they've got a metal studded tire on the back and a ski in place of the wheel in the front! It's 10 below zero outside with a 20+ mph breeze and lots of snow/ice....we may not see +37 till March :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Sean

Quote from: "enjenjo"You get used to it, 37 becomes shirt sleeve weather after a while.

It takes a little while for me to get acclimated every Winter, but once I do a long sleeved carhardt Chamois with a T-shirt under it is good to about 30 degrees. Once it gets into the 20's I break out the coat, and if it gets below 10 I just stay in bed with the Wife... :wink:

Quote from: "Crosley"It is 37*F here this AM.  How do you folks put up with temps in the 10's & 20's?

I can deal with the cold a lot better than heat. My Aunt keeps trying to get me to drive out to Phoenix to visit during the summer when the kids are out of school. I told her if I ever came to visit, it definitely won't be in the summer...

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"I took some suggestions and bought an electric cooling fan for my Dodge....  I think i will use an adjustable electronic controller for the fan.  The fan comes with a 20 amp fuse wire setup.

I hauled the fan home today along with an extender shelf for my tool box from Sears.  The new 1 wire altenator was in the trunk of my Goldwing.

Not me ill ride about may... Maybe sooner if the michigan weather cooperates. Im getting to be kind of a wussy. I like it nice and hot.
Dave

parklane

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "Crosley"I took some suggestions and bought an electric cooling fan for my Dodge....  I think i will use an adjustable electronic controller for the fan.  The fan comes with a 20 amp fuse wire setup.

Not me ill ride about may... Maybe sooner if the michigan weather cooperates. Im getting to be kind of a wussy. I like it nice and hot.
Dave

I took mine out last week for a 3 mile ride - it was 25*F and only had a half helmet. It was refreshing!!
John
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Crosley.In.AZ

we had the garage doors open on the shop & the   windows were open on the house today

8)
Tony

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Crosley"we had the garage doors open on the shop & the   windows were open on the house today

8)

My garage door is still frozen to the floor; it faces north.  Too cold to mess with it.

Phil