Big Olds's Window Trim Piece Needs Attention....Sat Maybe??

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, January 13, 2005, 08:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

The other piece that's the match to this for the other side has the little loopy thing missing.  There is just a nub there plus two holes where at one point there might have been a loopy thing attached.

Would it be possible to make and attach a new little loopy thing on Saturday??  The rest of my window trim is in the London ONT area where Rochie took it to be rechromed.  The chromer wants to do all the pieces at once but I had forgot till last Saturday when Rochie came over and I showed him all the pieces, that one needed to be repaired.  

Anyway, I'm kind of in a bind to get it done asap.  Think it might be possible to work this into Saturdays schedule??  If someone shows me what to do I might be able to do it myself.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

So do we have the good one for a pattern, or do we just have to guess?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

I looked in the catalog of street rod/custom parts and was unable to locate the "loopy thing". Yer screwed! We'll have to look around down there and see if we can see a loopy thing in something else.

Loopy thing, indeed.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

HotRodLadyCrusr

I have the good one.  I have both of the ones that are pictured.

enjenjo

Well, bring them both down, and we'll make them the same. Either fix the broken one, or break the good one. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I knew I could count on you to come to my rescue.  One of the many, many reasons I like you so much......that and the fact that you mow your lawn nakeeed.   :wink:

Bob K

Those window frames are made of pot metal aren't they, that stuff is a bummer to try and weld.

B :(  B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Rochie

Enjenjo,
the "loopy thing" is screwed on through the channel.  I really don't think it's a big deal to carve one, drill it, thread it, and screw it back on.  Then HRLC will have 2 the same.  Sure hope it for a Big Olds.
Rochie

Crosley.In.AZ

looks rusty to me.  does pot-metal rust?

Maybv some heli arc work , some filling with brass for shape/contour with a file  , then off to the chrome shop?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Ohio Blue Tip

Just bring a large chunk of aluminum and we'll mill away everything that doesn't look like it!   "We have the technology".
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yes, then it's off to the chrome shop.  Rochie hooked me up with a very inexpensive chrome guy in the London ONT area who does smaller items, not bumpers.  Rochie showed me his work and it looked real nice.  If everything turns out like I think it will, I'll forward the contact info to everyone thats interested.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Yes, then it's off to the chrome shop.  Rochie hooked me up with a very inexpensive chrome guy in the London ONT area who does smaller items, not bumpers.  Rochie showed me his work and it looked real nice.  If everything turns out like I think it will, I'll forward the contact info to everyone thats interested.

Is that a rear side window frame? Duh, it doesn't matter...I'll see it tomorrow.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Bob K

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"yes, the rear quarter window

If that is the same as the quarter windows from my 52 vert. I have about 4 of those little thingies left over after chopping the windows. Mine swivel though so I am not sure if they are the same.

B :roll: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?