Another car purchase

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 07, 2005, 10:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I aquired another car.

A Morris Minor, no  power train.  

I found a chassis kit with roll cage  at Jegs for under 600 bux.

Now a Canadian lurker here will see this post....... Greg, I traded mostly  tranny work & parts for the car.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Crosley"I aquired another car.

A Morris Minor, no  power train.  

I found a chassis kit with roll cage  at Jegs for under 600 bux.

Now a Canadian lurker here will see this post....... Greg, I traded mostly  tranny work & parts for the car.

Awe isn't that CUTE  :P  :P
Did you "REALLY NEED" another car???  :shock:  LOL
Congratulations Tony!!!

58 Yeoman

Nice looking car Tony.  Looks to be in really good condition, too.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"A Morris Minor, no  power train.  

Cool, can you say "GASSER?"

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat46"
 Cool, can you say "GASSER?"

Odd you use that term   :shock:  .... the kid's dad has a Henry J he is setting up as a gasser.  The dad also has an Anglia under construction.  Both projects are moving along.

The kid bought 2 Morris minors and has sold me one... The kid wants to build the Morris as a gasser car.  Tires hanging out the fenders in the back, nose up, nasty  rump , rump motor.

========= I have wanted to build my Morris into a hot street car  with a SBC and usual parts.  Problem is..... my Morris is a very dry rust free car.  I know it takes a real man to cut up a car , but I just can't cut up my Morrie.

I've known the dad looooong enough that we lie and cut years off the truth ... LOL.
Tony

GPster

Quote from: "Crosley"I aquired another car.  I traded mostly  tranny work & parts for the car.
Didn't have to work on trannys in the rain to get it,did you? That would have made it more valuable. You could try what I've always thought needed to be done with '41 - '48 chevys. Lengthen the wheelbase about 18" in the front and get the fenders off the doors. You could put an Allison in it then.

If you want to keep it stock looking the I have a CM400A Hondamatic that missed the flood this time (or is that only an Isetta powerplant?). I put my engine hoist around the neck and pulled it up to the truses in the garage. GPster

purplepickup

Tony, you're really getting quite an orphanage going there.  That's a clean one :D   Here in Michigan the only time we see a car that rust free is if it's less than 3 years old. :?

Quote from: "GPster"Lengthen the wheelbase about 18" in the front ..You could put an Allison in it then.  GPster
Getting the Allison might be the hard part Joe.  According to Jim Lytle (Big Al) there are hardly any of them left.  He says he knows where most of them are at and they're real expensive (a couple hundred thousand each).  You probably heard him talking about that at Bonneville.  
That would make quite a car tho, Joe.  Tony could call it Morris Major.

Here's a picture of Big Al's '34 Ford with an Allison.

George

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "GPster"
If you want to keep it stock looking the I have a CM400A Hondamatic that missed the flood this time (or is that only an Isetta powerplant?). I put my engine hoist around the neck and pulled it up to the truses in the garage. GPster

======= 400a honda? THe 400a run?  i've been looking at 750a honda scooters.... not sure why.  :?

I found it odd that Jegs lists a chassis & roll cage kit for the 61 Morris Minor.  For 600 bux , it's hard to buy the steel for the price and bend it too.

I still have a fresh 383 cid chevy small block to put in it.
Tony

Jbird

I keep tellin ya Tony. I've got the crowning jewel for your Limey car orphanage. 1959 Triumph Standard 10 Sedan, 4 doors, rust free, engine free and a couple of missing windows, All you need is a trailer and enough gas money to get to Sac. and back.

Just before I went in the service I worked as a parts driver for the local Mercedes dealer. They used a Morris Minor pickup as the only delivery vehicle. I can attest to the durability of the Morris product. Every attempt I made to destroy the little truck failed, its probably still out there puttin along the highway somewhere.

Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Sean

How much do these things weigh?

Bib_Overalls

Does this mean you will be extending your concrete pad?
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

PeterR

QuoteI aquired another car. A Morris Minor

And it is the sporty two door version!!

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "PeterR"

And it is the sporty two door version!!

It is  similar in style  to my 61  Morrie I have owned for 9 years.
Tony

30tudor

A fine vehicle if I may say so.  I cut my teeth on a Morris Minor, learned to adjust points, adjust valves, fiddle with carburetors all my first experiences with the mechanics of automobiles came from a '56 Minor.  I was a young lad living in the country of Panama in Central America in the '50s and early '60s and European cars were the order of the day.  Fact is the first car I ever drove was that 1956 Morris Minor, another fact is I still own a Morris.  An MGB now.  I've had it for 33 years.  Good luck, have fun and thanks for the memory.

GPster

Quote from: "Crosley"

======= 400a honda? THe 400a run?  i've been looking at 750a honda scooters.... not sure why.  :?
It did run but it caught the flood the last time. I think that what water that got into it backed up the exhaust and went into the cylinders through open valves. It didn't lock it up and I oiled the top end, It's a 1980 model with 26,000 miles. It was going to be a 3-wheeler for a disabled person but now that I'm driving again it might be kind of useless for me to continue on that path. PM me about it. We're still up in the air where we'll be staying tonight so I don't know if I'll be here for CHAT. GPster