buckets of rain, working in it

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 03, 2005, 08:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

rained all day... still raining here.

most likely it is headed east.....  :shock:

I got to R&R a tranny out in the rain today.... 98 Tahoe 4x4 with a 4L60E tranny.

the R&R guy is sick, so they pay a top rated  builder to R&R a tranny in the rain.  

did I mention it rained all day?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

That will give you one more thing to add to your list: no raise, no more vacation, work in the rain. How many sick days does the R & R man get? GPster

kroozn

It rained all day here too, Tony. And still hasn't stopped
At least I didn't have to go out and work in it  :D

The body shops will be busy. Almost nobody here knows how to drive on wet roads!
It is a good thing it almost never snows here!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"

the R&R guy is sick, so they pay a top rated  builder to R&R a tranny in the rain.  

so who did the R&R part?

:twisted:

enjenjo

Quote from: "Glen"

so who did the R&R part?

:twisted:

Oooooh, that's gonna leave a bruise.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"rained all day... still raining here.

I got to R&R a tranny out in the rain today.... 98 Tahoe 4x4 with a 4L60E tranny.

*,*.*.....

you ain't suger, you won't melt....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"

*,*.*.....

LOL ......... you should have heard the other builder throw a hissy-fit when he had to R&R a tranny today... he has a very high opinion of himself.

one of those "master tech" guys with a cute little  patch for his shirt sleeve.

you a master tech tom?   :wink:

Glen's comment is OK.... he is a guy that threads 3/8 bolts into a 10mm x 1.5 hole for a tranny mount.  After the tranny guy told him a metric bolt was needed.... LOL

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

At least we won't get that rain here...we're expecting about 12" of snow on top of the 1/4" of freezing rain still left from last night.

Usually it only rains on me when I need to work on something electrical. There were times when I worked with sheets of plastic clothespinned between the end of the hood and the gutters on the house.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

Quote from: "jaybee"There were times when I worked with sheets of plastic clothespinned between the end of the hood and the gutters on the house.
Looking back on that, I'll bet you're glad you built your garage John.  You must be getting settled into that by now.

We had rain here all day too but I'm not complaining.  For January in Michigan that ain't bad.  I went out in it and finished up a trailer I've been working on anyway.
George

jaybee

Quote from: "purplepickup"Looking back on that, I'll bet you're glad you built your garage John.  You must be getting settled into that by now.

Every single time I crank up the heat, close the door, and roll my tools out of the corner to work on something!

Gotta agree about the rain, it's January and I haven't shoveled any snow yet.  That's a huge plus.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Glen

Hey, tighten 'er down til she snaps, then back 'er off half a turn.

thats my motto.

river1

and as usual the TV news acted like they had never seen rain before. they even interviewed a lady at the airport her quote was "i was surprised it was raining in phx because it was sunny in denver"

glen took my line before i could use it, *.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

tomslik

Quote from: "tomslik"

*,*.*.....

LOL ......... you should have heard the other builder throw a hissy-fit when he had to R&R a tranny today... he has a very high opinion of himself.

one of those "master tech" guys with a cute little  patch for his shirt sleeve.

you a master tech tom?   :wink:

as a matter of fact, yeah.
bfd...

Glen's comment is OK.... he is a guy that threads 3/8 bolts into a 10mm x 1.5 hole for a tranny mount.  After the tranny guy told him a metric bolt was needed.... LOL

poor mans loctite

:shock:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

sirstude

You guys and your rain.  Quit whining.  We got a bit of snow early last week, then rain (that is really unusual here) then after it froze really hard, we got 6" or so more of the white stuff on Thursday night.  Just in time for all the idiots on New Years to go out an play.  It's been snowing off and on for the last few days and suppost to last until this weeked.  The temp just came up, it is now 8 out.  Been below 0 the last few days.  Sure glad I put LOTS of insulation in the garage when I built it.  That and 135000 btu's of heat.

Doug

Tony,  did you get your computer problems fixed or have you been too busy doing R&R?
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dave

So what was the weather like there today ?
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink: