McMaster-Carr catalog - RRT auction

Started by purplepickup, January 02, 2005, 12:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

I've got a #108 McMaster-Carr catalog up for auction to support RRT (kinda like the pledge breaks on PBS).    

If you've never seen a McMaster-Carr catalog, this one has 3528 pages of all sorts neat industrial supply stuff and these are real hard to get. You can thumb thru this when you don't know for sure what you're looking for or you want to design something with easy to get parts.  Or if you just want to order some special fasteners.  Their stuff is always good quality.  The descriptions and technical info is awesome.  There's lots of illustrations too that help those of us that can't read.  It's the most used catalog I've got.  Everyone from a hard core hotrodder to a yuppie needs this shiney, slightly used McMaster Carr catalog.  I'll pay the shipping....including Canada, and the winner sends the money to Frank here.

It's a year old but they don't change that much every year so they still stock everything that's in it. McMaster Carr is the best run company, bar none, that I've ever seen. They treat you right and ship the same day you order.

The auction ends at 11PM Eastern Standard Time on January 9, 2005.  May the wise man win.

George

enjenjo

I'll vouch for the catalog, I use mine all the time, and it's a 1994 edition. Last tuesday afternoon, about 4 pm, I ordered bolts from them, and they were delivered wednesday afternoon about 2 pm.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

unklian

I won one here last year.
A very good investment,and helps out a worthy cause.

SKR8PN

Well heck...........everyone has been" talkin' the talk",but ain't no one offered to "walk the walk" :lol:
I'll start it out at 10.00 dollars
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Jbird

I really, really like those people at McMaster-Carr. When I was building the powder coating oven, after about three hundred rivets I realized I was going to need some high temp insulation and more rivets. Everyone in town treated me like I was from Uranus or somewhere when I called about bulk insulation. I found the insulation in my neighbors McMaster catalog and ordered it online about 5:00pm on Thursday. 'Good' I thought to myself 'no more rivets for a few days'. Friday morning at about 10:30am a white stepvan from some shipping company I've never heard of shows up at the shop with two boxes of insulation and a box of 500 rivets. Saturday afternoon I was powder coating my roadsters headlight buckets. I'll start the bidding at $20.00.
          Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

sirstude

Let's jump this up a bit.  Put me down for $50.00.  I dont't have any neighbors that have one I can borrow.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

phat rat

Well sounds like it's going too bring in a good sum again this year. Thanks for donating another one  George.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

George

purplepickup

Quote from: "sirstude"Let's jump this up a bit.  Put me down for $50.00.  I dont't have any neighbors that have one I can borrow.

Doug

Congratulations Doug. It's yours. :D   If you get me your mailing address I'll ship it right out.  You can pay Frank.

You'll like the catalog and thanks for helping support the site.

George
George

sirstude

Thanks George, I will PM you as soon as I finish this post.  

Frank, what is the best way to send you money, PayPal, or just mail it.  Send me an address please if mail is the best way.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

purplepickup

Quote from: "sirstude"Thanks George, I will PM you as soon as I finish this post.  
Doug
Thanks Doug....I got it.  

Actually I found a #109 Catalog (newer...the current one is 110) that I'll send you instead of the #108 shown in the picture....if that's all right.  It's in near perfect shape.  I'll try to remember to send it out tomorrow.

George
George

enjenjo

Quote from: "sirstude"Thanks George, I will PM you as soon as I finish this post.  

Frank, what is the best way to send you money, PayPal, or just mail it.  Send me an address please if mail is the best way.

Doug

You can paypal it to Fatcat, or mail it to me. Fatcat has his info on the main page I believe.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

George

sirstude

Thanks, George and Frank,

Just sent the payment.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

purplepickup

Quote from: "sirstude"Just sent the payment.

Doug
...and I just sent the catalog via FEDEX.  Enjoy. :D
George