Engine tilter

Started by 41woodie, January 01, 2005, 08:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41woodie

I have to pull the engine out of the woodie and as usual will be working alone.  Does anyone remember a "tilter" mechanism being sold under the name "Tryk Myk" it looked like a handy item for getting an engine to the correct angle when removing or installing.  Can't find that name on the web.  Anyones memory better than mine??

river1

that it? summit has it under the name load leveler.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "41woodie"I have to pull the engine out of the woodie and as usual will be working alone.  Does anyone remember a "tilter" mechanism being sold under the name "Tryk Myk" it looked like a handy item for getting an engine to the correct angle when removing or installing.  Can't find that name on the web.  Anyones memory better than mine??

I bought one like Jim's picture from Harbor Freight.  I took the handle off and replaced that with a double nut.  I now use my air ratchet or impact to tilt the engine.  It is one of the best tools I have ever bought.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Bought one just like it at the local NAPA store.They are handy when working alone.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

DRD57

I don't care if I'm working alone or with a whole gang of people, I wouldn't  try to R&R an engine without one. Great tool.

enjenjo

I have a Harbor Freight one too. I liked it so well, that I cloned it three times the size for doing diesel truck engines. Still works good with engines over 2,500 lbs.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

2rods

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "41woodie"I have to pull the engine out of the woodie and as usual will be working alone.  Does anyone remember a "tilter" mechanism being sold under the name "Tryk Myk" it looked like a handy item for getting an engine to the correct angle when removing or installing.  Can't find that name on the web.  Anyones memory better than mine??

I bought one like Jim's picture from Harbor Freight.  I took the handle off and replaced that with a double nut.  I now use my air ratchet or impact to tilt the engine.  It is one of the best tools I have ever bought.

What's wrong with the handle? Too hard to turn? Have one with the nut, haven't used it yet,wanted one with the handle but weren't available.

flt-blk

I got mine from Speedway, it has the nut on it instead of the handle.

I agree with Don, wouldn't attempt to pull a motor without it.  Only one of
my friends has setpped up and bought his own, everyone else borrows
mine.
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have a Harbor Freight one too. I liked it so well, that I cloned it three times the size for doing diesel truck engines. Still works good with engines over 2,500 lbs.

you must have used some serious sized tubes in that diesel motor tilter!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Yup, 4"by 3" 3/8" wall, 1" acme thread push bolt, ball bearing guides.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.