More changes to the 37 prior to painting

Started by Darrell's37Coupe, December 30, 2004, 09:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrell's37Coupe

First, let me wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR and hope you had a great holiday, I've posted a few pictures of the changes we made to the coupe,
Modified the dash to include a center console that goes bach between the bucket seats and up to the package tray, Also added a overhead console to house the AM/FM CD player with DVD and GPS, I didn't take a picture but also rounded the tops of the doors.

This is the last change before it heads to the bodyshop second week of January. If I start to make anymore changes PLEASE someone stop me.

Darrell

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

good lookin stuff, I like it.  

I've seen some stuff done in wood for a console down the middle , the wood was treated , sealed and then painted.  The wood of course started moving around where it was glued together.  Looked ruff after a few months
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Darrell's37Coupe

Enjenjo, The radio will be mounted in the overhead console, the center is for Vintage Air controls, air duct and power windows. I tried to mount the radio in the console but it just became to wide & bulky, With it in the overhead you can see much better then looking down. The dash and center console will be painted the same color as the car.

My bodyman loves me, the dash and center console is almost one piece, back to just before the seats, The package tray down past the armrest will be covered in leather

Darrell

btrc

Darrell,
  That really looks good, the dash and console will be nice when done.  I have my radio mounted up above too and it is the way to go.
  I see where you are from Lexington Kentucky.  I need to go down that direction next week end to pick up a car I bought.  I'll be going through Cinncinati but I'm not sure the best way to get from Cinnci. to Ashland Kentucky.  Should I take the Intersate through Lexington or go east on 32 and down 23?   I should have that GPS you said you were installing.

Bob
Bob

Darrell's37Coupe

Bob, from Lexington I would go I-64 East it's only about 2 hours from Lexington to Ashland, If you have time when you come through give me a call, maybe we can have a cup of coffee and lunch.

What kind of car did you buy?

PM me if you need a phone number.

Darrell

Looks better every time I see a new photo....really looking forward to seeing the completed dash! Makes me want to dig my old 37 Coupe out of the corner of the shop and get started on it!! Keep us updated.....What color??
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"