Heater For The Rod

Started by Nick32Vic, December 26, 2004, 03:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick32Vic

well, here in Illinios it gets cold in the winter. I want to put a heater in my car so i can drive it when its cold out. What are my options for heaters? Anything good in the bone yard? Im open to all suggestions.

Thanks!  :D

Nick

awsum34

might try a tractor supply store. They have small units.
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

rooster

Nick, there's a swap meet I think in Belvelle today, there's a guy allways there that has a heater new in box for a Bobcat! Where he is at " your on your own".

REVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meet is on Jan 30,05!  8 to 130 pm! :oops:

kb426

I used the vintage air combo unit in my truck. The only complaints are how the water lines come out at the top of the unit and the motor is somewhat noisy. It's a small high speed unit. It does move alot of air and has good electrics on it.
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Nick, I've seen some auxilary heaters in the back of some full sized vans at the junk yard that look like they might be able to be used.  They're shaped like a box so they might not fit real good under the dash.  

If you're willing to buy something new, Flex-a-lite makes a fairly compact unit for jeeps but it's around $170.  Here's a link to a page where a guy shows how he installed one.  http://www.4x4review.com/products/interior/mojave-review.asp   JC Whitney sells them.

.....then there's always the old fashioned belly warmer.  They come in blonde, brunette, and redhead models.  The only trouble is, they don't come with a guarantee and if you get a bad one they cost a lot to run.  :shock:
George

Nick32Vic

Well thanks fellas!

Options thus far:
Tractor Supply Store:Theres a tractor place up the road!
Belleville swap meet Jan 30: Ill be there
Vingtage Air: I dont really need air conditioning. Thanks though! Ill checkit out anyways.
Little Jeep Heaters, ill check that out too.
And im trying to get me one of those little brunettes

Nick :)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Nick32vic"Well thanks fellas!

And im trying to get me one of those little brunettes

Nick :)

There was one cashier today at a robinson/may store today....... a little  gal in her 20's

:shock:

er , never mind
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

QuoteThere was one cashier today at a robinson/may store today....... a little gal in her 20's

You don't have a chance Tony, if she can hold a job, she has more sense than that :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

The vintage air unit I referred to is heat only. They have 2 models, one with defrost, one without. I have the one with. I'm not an air conditioner guy. I have a cowll vent. Now I bet you wonder how hot it gets where I live.  I bought the unit through Rod parts warehouse at about $200. This is the latest version that has relays for the blower and an elect. water control valve.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
You don't have a chance Tony, if she can hold a job, she has more sense than that :lol:

eggspecially since Janice was standing next  to me.  I was just window shopping inside the store.

Janice holds a good job, egsplain that

:wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Nick32Vic

Thanks kb,

Ill check that out. I like Rod Parts Warehouse a lot. I got a cowl vent too.

Nick

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"

Janice holds a good job, egsplain that[/b]

:wink:

She's stuck with you. and a young one would be too hard to train.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bob K

Quote from: "
.....then there's always the old fashioned belly warmer.  They come in blonde, brunette, and redhead models.  The only trouble is, they don't come with a guarantee and if you get a bad one they cost a lot to run.  :shock:[/quote

Nick, what George forgot to mention that in addition to the maintenace cost's on those models there is another LARGE COST
associated with the disposal of that those old fashioned units should that ever become neccessary

B :lol: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

river1

Quote from: "Faat Rod"Nick, what George forgot to mention that in addition to the maintenace cost's on those models there is another LARGE COST
associated with the disposal of that those old fashioned units should that ever become neccessary B :lol: B

WHAT just ask scott peterson.........
.OK  bad example :roll:  :roll:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

OlBuzzard

...and some of them sure make a lot of noise!