god of projects

Started by kb426, December 19, 2004, 07:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I believe the project god is mad at me. Yesterday I bolted the rear fenders on the 53 truck and installed the torque thrust 2's for the first time. I have a list of people wanting to see the finished truck. At the first house, I notice oil dripping from the engine. Turns out that the rear seal on the intake decided not to work anymore. If I had a clue this would happen, I would have pulled it when the front end was off. It won't be fun to fix. The engine has been together for 3 years. I guess it was my turn to be lucky. I still lack door panels and headliner but there's alot less parts laying around than 1 month ago.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Yesterday I bolted the rear fenders on the 53 truck and installed the torque thrust 2's for the first time. I have a list of people wanting to see the finished truck.  I still lack door panels and headliner but there's alot less parts laying around than 1 month ago.[/quote]

That stuff happens, but what you wrote above should be plenty of incentive to spin some wrenches to fix it!  :D  GITTERDUN!

enjenjo

If you have the rubber seal in there, leave it out the next time, and use a bead of RTV.  I like Ultraseal black. A 3/16" bead, let it tack, and set the intake on.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

This evening I pulled the intake and replaced the water pump. I used silicone on the intake the last time 4 years ago. I never had any problem before but it didn't work this time. I was out of silicone so I used contact cement to glue the cork seals down. I fired it, let it warm up, shut it off, changed the oil and restarted. So far I'm dry. The engine and water pump also.  It was 71 degrees here today. The cycles had to come out for a few minutes to charge the batteries. Tommorrow the forecast is for the 30's cooling down to a high of 16 on friday. Boy am I glad there's a heater in this thing.  The engine in the truck was a high mileage unit  so if it causes more trouble I won't be surprised only disappointed.  Incase I forget to say it, Happy Holidays to everyone on the board. I've noticed that alot of the posts have been about  illness and death.  I hope you all have a day of joy to remember the good times.
TEAM SMART