overhaulin

Started by kb426, December 14, 2004, 10:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I just watched the 70 mustang episode. Done at the sema show. The owner was either totally shocked or a hell of an actor. I'd like to see one of these cars a year after completion. Very curious how they'd look.
TEAM SMART

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "kb426"I'd like to see one of these cars a year after completion. Very curious how they'd look.

Me to.  I'll bet there are a lot of bugs that need attention.  Like leaky windshields and loose wires.  I just hope they get the safety related stuff right.

The Stang looked good.  Unfortunately they spent so much time tricking "Dad" and giving credit to the suppliers we did not get to see much of the build.  So far as I am concerned, they could have skipped the pathetic Godfather "prank" (the grey in Chris's hair looked fake - how could it have fooled the mark?) and told us more about the strut front suspension.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

sirstude

A friend of mine was one of shops that did a car.  He had it there for the next 4 months cleaning up all the things that we all know need to be done.  It went back to the body shop at least twice during that time.  It looks good for tv, but 7 days is just not enough time to do it right.   He said that as far as he knows, all the people that had cars done, have gotten something else to drive, and put the good ones on display.  The shop that builds them, get to show them off for a year, but must furnish another car to drive while they have the show car.  He says the food budget must be just HUGE, there was food at his place that you could not believe.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kroozn

Was that the one they did at Gary's shop?
Gary told me after it was on he got a bunch of people wanting junky cars  done quickly that had no idea how much it really costs to do a car right.

The brother of one of my friends is the producer of Overhauling and my friend was at SEMA while the Mustang was being done.
He said it didn't come out "too bad"

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"I just watched the 70 mustang episode. Done at the sema show. The owner was either totally shocked or a ##### of an actor. I'd like to see one of these cars a year after completion. Very curious how they'd look.
The reason i watch is cause of Courtney.............. :lol: Cars what cars
Dave 8)

river1

Quote from: "kroozn"Was that the one they did at Gary's shop?
Gary told me after it was on he got a bunch of people wanting junky cars  done quickly that had no idea how much it really costs to do a car right.

The brother of one of my friends is the producer of Overhauling and my friend was at SEMA while the Mustang was being done.
He said it didn't come out "too bad"

hey carl long time no post/see :!:

how you doin?

late jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kroozn

Way too busy to have any fun  :shock:
How things in AZ?
Did a little work on the 32
I doubt it will be on the road this spring.

enjenjo

Quotehey carl long time no post/see

I figured he lost the address again LOL :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

As much as they do in 7 days , I am sure the cars each have areas that are not 'tip top'  if ya know what I mean.

Even with catalized paint Materials , there must be some ghosts that 'pop up' in the body & paint work.

Oddly enough , I'd like them to get rid of the female on the show. She comes off   too stoopid  for me.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kroozn

No frank I did not lose the addy for the RRT
I may lose money, keys and girlfriends, but I know where the RRT is!

Crosley, I agree with you. Pushing the time on body and paint is going to make problems sooner or later.  The oldtimers taught me when I was a kid, to take my time and do everything right the first time ........ unless I had the time to do it over again.

Being who I am, I have tried to prove them wrong more than a few times.
I have not been able to yet!  :(

sirstude

Carl,

Yes, it was at Gary's place.  He called up a friend of ours up here and handed Courtney the phone,   Odie was in heaven for days.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

alchevy

I am going back down to New Orleans in January to the World of Wheels and I looked it up on the web the other day...Courtney will be at the show!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

Quote from: "40chevy"Courtney will be at the show!
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

river1

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "40chevy"Courtney will be at the show!
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

i like

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"

i like

later jim

IF she is dressed like that.... I could force myself to go see her
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)