Aussie "Hot Rod Lincoln" and Merlin powered '55 Ch

Started by Brootal, December 14, 2004, 07:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brootal

A few of you may have seen pics of this car in the last 12 months or so.

Well, you can now check it out for yourselves. The owner, Rod Hadfield is heading to the US for a bit of a holiday.

He's also bringing this...

AND this...

I'll admit that this is a bit of a surreptitious plug for a website I do some work for, but there's a bunch of pics and some info HERE.
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

Sean

Brootal

Quote from: "Sean"I wish I had some of his money..

Not so much about having the money, it's about having the resources and the skills (or people with them) to be able to make this stuff.

In the end it doesn't matter how much money someone spends, you've still got someone hanging on to the tools and making it happen.

//www.the-rumbler.com

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Sean"I wish I had some of his money...

If you get a chance to meet Rod and Carol, do so; they are very nice people.  

They have worked harder than anybody  I know.  They built that business up from nothing.  I think Rod came off a farm before getting into cars as a young fellow, and has been going flat-out ever since.  They have turned out almost a new car every year.  They are very active street rodders, and also race at the drags and on the salt, and have raced a Bonneville.  The great majority of these cars they still own, and they are all on display in their museum at 'The Rod Shop'.

Definitely not 'Gold Chainers".

Brootal

Quote from: "Pope Downunder"The great majority of these cars they still own, and they are all on display in their museum at 'The Rod Shop'.

Not any more mate. Museum is shut as it was sold with the business. Hopefully an alternative will be found so that the cars can go back on display.

//www.the-rumbler.com

Sean

Quote from: "Pope Downunder"

Thats not what I meant :oops: That was just a smart * remark about the amount of money he has wrapped up in those three Cars. If I had lots of Money, thats what I would be spending it on too... :wink:

Brootal

Quote from: "Sean"

Thats not what I meant :oops: That was just a smart * remark about the amount of money he has wrapped up in those three Cars. If I had lots of Money, thats what I would be spending it on too... :wink:

That's alright then! :)

I thought that's what you meant, but no harm in trying to start an argument for good measure. ;)

//www.the-rumbler.com

SKR8PN

If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Sean

Quote from: "Brootal"I thought that's what you meant, but no harm in trying to start an argument for good measure. ;)

Now you're starting to sound like Carps...  :twisted:

Pope Downunder

That's not what I meant :oops: That was just a smart * remark about the amount of money he has wrapped up in those three Cars. If I had lots of Money, thats what I would be spending it on too... :wink:

I understand; just didn't want other people to get the wrong idea.

It is a shame the musuem is closed.

EMSjunkie

WOWZERS!!!!!   those are impressive!
since the water in the toilets swirls counter-clockwise south of the equator, do small block chevys run clockwise down there too? :shock:
just a random thought..........then again, most of mine are random.

Vance

"No kitty, that's my pot pie......No bad kitty"
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Carps

Quote from: "Brootal"I thought that's what you meant, but no harm in trying to start an argument for good measure. ;)

Now you're starting to sound like Carps...  :twisted:

Nope, he still sounds like Brootal.

However, it might actually surprse people how little cash haddy actually has invested in all those cars.  For the most part, the components were scrounged and or collected from obscure places, some of it was even pure luck.  Like the engine in the model T was originally meant to be a Chrysler Hemi but Rod found himself in the right place at the right time and with enough cash to cover the cost of the big Ford.

All three cars were scratch built in his shop, by a small team of very tallented designers, engineers and fabricators.

Oh yeah, they all get driven too.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.