Blinkers Questions, pictures wanted

Started by Dirk35, December 13, 2004, 10:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2rods

No I drilled right in the back of the sealed beam unit only it is not a sealed beam. I think it was a 3/4" hole if I remember right. Most street rod shops sell them now.

2rods

Have some pics now but don't know how to post them. If someone could tell me how to do it I will post them. Thanks.

enjenjo

Quote from: "2rods"Have some pics now but don't know how to post them. If someone could tell me how to do it I will post them. Thanks.

You type the post, then down at the bottom it says attachment you load the picture there. There is more info here  http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1078

on resizing and loading pictures.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dirk35

George, I looked at a cheapo aftermarket one of those (not Harley Brand) at the Harley dealership, with plastic lenses, but almost identical, for $15 a pair.

I like those with the glass lense though!

Dirk35

Ok, I have decided I do not want an extra bullet hanging off the fender for a turn signal. And Making a set of giude lights out of my stock buckets and the Harley fender lights is not really practical due to the lack of depth of the headlight bucket.

So, I am wanting a headlight with removable bulbs, 7 inch Diamater, that I can drill and put the turn-signal in the back with.

I like the Yogi's one, but $171 is a bit much indeed! Parr auto doesnt carry anything.

I am really leaning towards the Yogi's lights since they are reduced from $190, but if one of you have something that would be cheaper.....I am up for suggestions.

I searched for Bosch and found some round fog lights, but nothing that would tell what size the part is or if a dual element bulb (for high/low beams) would be available.

Can one of you give me more guidance on what light to actually get off the internet or a Rod Shop that will ship? I am now really leaning towards the Yogi's lights.

Thanks in advance.

rumrumm

Another option would be a Visibolt with LED's. Small,  but  bright.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

GPster

On my Model A (years ago) I used the dual element bulbs from the dual headlight set-ups on '58 and newer american cars. These bulbs seemed to give me enough light and they are only 5 1/4" diameter. I used them in small chromed fog light buckets and it gave me a small nice set-up. The bulbs mount solid in the bucket and the bulb and bucket assembley is aimed for light. I'd think if you made some type of funnel piece out of metal to mount these   5 1/4" bulbs inside your 7" buckets an put the original non-sealed beam glass on the front there should be enough metal in this funnel to put sockets for your directional bulbs to be in the bucket behind the glass also. How are you fastening these bucket on to the front of the car? If you're making some sort of light bar  lot of motorcycles have front directional lights that have brackets to fasten around the handlebars (usually 7/8"O.D.). Harley handle bars are 1"O.D. and they have used them too. GPster

WZ JUNK

We have a Petro truck stop near by and the have a store that sells all kinds of stuff for over the road trucks.   They sell all kinds and shapes of lights.  Some of them are identical to what street rod suppliers sell.  You might look around at a place like that and see something you could use something that would not put you out so much money and still look good and do the job.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

MrMopar64

Heres a link to buy the lights for $40 a pair....... you'd have to drill the hole for the blinker light  :wink:

http://www.coolbulbs.com/H4_body.asp

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

DRD57

Sorry this took so long. CRS, CRAFT and all that stuff.

I got these lights from the big truck accessory store for about six bucks a pair.

Leon

I got a pair of replacement lights at an auto parts store that look like a sealed beam but have a metal reflector and a replaceable haogen bulb, I think I paid about $30 for the pair.  When you pop the bulbs out to do the drilling, be sure you don't touch the glass part of the bulb because any oils left on it will cause it to fail quite rapidly.