February Street Rodder page 14 "HI Flyn"

Started by WZ JUNK, December 10, 2004, 10:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

A good friend Ron did something for me one day that I will never forget.  We were at a large car event and he ask me if I would like to go with him and cruise the fairgrounds.  I said sure of course.  I told him that most of my life I had went to sleep at night dreaming of how I would build a 32 Ford 3 window coupe, my ultimate hotrod.  I had never even set in one and now I was going for a ride.  He looked over at me and told me he could do better than that, and he threw me the keys.  So the first time I ever got to sit in the car of my dreams, I was driving.   It was great and we talked a lot about how we should share our cars more and take the time to give people a ride now and then.   There is a group of us who go on at least three road trips every year and lately we have started trading rides more.  It is a lot of fun and I would encourage all of you to give it a try.

Ron's close friend MK "Kenny" John, the hotrod artist, recent did some paintings of Ron's red 32 Ford and he submitted one to Street Rodder Magazine.  That's the car I drove in the painting on page 14 of this months February issue of Street Rodder Magazine.  Ron's  HI FLYN 32 Ford.  I know many of you have met Ron as he goes to Indy with us each summer and he is a lurker here on the RRT.  Congratulations buddy and thanks again.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

KustomLincolnLady

What a great story, thanks for sharing it. Congratulations Ron.
MK John does all the art work for KKOA, we see him a lot at shows. He does nice work, looking forward to checking it out too!!

Just goes to show you that you don't have to be "little" to have a memory like that leave an impression!! LOL

MO_JUNK

Ron is very excited. M.K. called him the other night and gave him a "heads up" on the picture. It is fun to drive other's cars. Sometime it's nice to spend some time in your own ride with a buddy at the wheel. It gives you a different perspective.To put it in your words brother "Never Pass Up the Chance to Drive Somsbody Else's Hot Rod"   Sam

Sean

With some of the Guys I know, the odds on test driving their Wife would be better than driving their Cars...  :D  :wink:

I met MK John a couple times when I was younger, but haven't heard anything about him for years. He was pretty good then, and I am sure he is even better now.

He Striped my Uncles 36 Dodge Pickup and on the Drivers side he added a small Rams Head into the striping. What my uncle didn't notice for a while though, was that the "Rams Head" on the passenger side was actually a carefully disguised "Male member", if you get my meaning...

Here's a toilet seat he did...

Dave

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"A good friend Ron did something for me one day that I will never forget.  We were at a large car event and he ask me if I would like to go with him and cruise the fairgrounds.  I said sure of course.  I told him that most of my life I had went to sleep at night dreaming of how I would build a 32 Ford 3 window coupe, my ultimate hotrod.  I had never even set in one and now I was going for a ride.  He looked over at me and told me he could do better than that, and he threw me the keys.  So the first time I ever got to sit in the car of my dreams, I was driving.   It was great and we talked a lot about how we should share our cars more and take the time to give people a ride now and then.   There is a group of us who go on at least three road trips every year and lately we have started trading rides more.  It is a lot of fun and I would encourage all of you to give it a try.

Ron's close friend MK "Kenny" John, the hotrod artist, recent did some paintings of Ron's red 32 Ford and he submitted one to Street Rodder Magazine.  That's the car I drove in the painting on page 14 of this months February issue of Street Rodder Magazine.  Ron's  HI FLYN 32 Ford.  I know many of you have met Ron as he goes to Indy with us each summer and he is a lurker here on the RRT.  Congratulations buddy and thanks again.

Thats a sweet picture.. I kinda like the 32's also  :lol:
dave