Maybe tomorrow

Started by GPster, December 10, 2004, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41ChevyTrucker

I really like that truck as a concept but not as-is. It is featured in a recent Rodder's Digest. If I remember correctly the article says the current owner bought it off the creator and then added the bed and the carbs? The bed ruins it. Imagine it with smooth body panels, consistent paint (shiny or flat) and a custom bed or no bed at all.

41ChevyTrucker

GPSter, the vertical grill on the ebay truck might look good on yours. Maybe not a terraplane grill but a similar concept?

GPster

Quote from: "41ChevyTrucker"GPSter, the vertical grill on the ebay truck might look good on yours. Maybe not a terraplane grill but a similar concept?
As reality would have it the cab is wider on the'47 - '55 than it is on the earlier cabs. With the hood width being from cab side to cab sidethe later hood is wider and it's still wide at the front. At the front of my radiator my hood is 30" wide and to get it to the width of those grills I would have to entend the hood lenth probably another 12". That would throw the front of the grill in front of the tires so it would be un-protected. I like the look but my project is styled with practicality in mind. Making what I have work. My idea for a grill right now is leaning towards something like a late '30s Ford COE truck ( from my memory). GPster