GREAT NEWS

Started by phat rat, December 10, 2004, 06:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

We were told last Tues that my wife had bladder cancer. This Tues she went in to have the tumor removed and yesterday we got the great news that it was a non invasive cancer and that they had been successful in removing all of it. Can't begin to express the relief we felt. The last week has been a series of real highs and lows. Sure gets you to thinking of priorities.  :D
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

awsum34

That is great news. It really make you stop and think.
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

rumrumm

Great news, indeed. There's nothing like taking a deep breath after finding out the the news is good.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dirk35

Good to know she is ok!

HotRodLadyCrusr

WOW, that is great news.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

phat46

Quote from: "phat rat"We were told last Tues that my wife had bladder cancer. This Tues she went in to have the tumor removed and yesterday we got the great news that it was a non invasive cancer and that they had been successful in removing all of it. Can't begin to express the relief we felt. The last week has been a series of real highs and lows. Sure gets you to thinking of priorities.  :D

That's great! it's not often that the news is good after something like that.

Wonderfull news! What a great Christmas present!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

58 Yeoman

That's a great Christmas present!
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Glad to hear that! I need some good news about my friends right now. Bless you both.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

That's really good to hear Jack.  Here's wishing you many more happy years together.

George
George

rooster

That is good news, hope she gets all healed up quick and makes the best of the holidays.

47wood

Congrats on the great news.  I know first hand what you mean about it putting things in perspective.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "phat rat"We were told last Tues that my wife had bladder cancer. This Tues she went in to have the tumor removed and yesterday we got the great news that it was a non invasive cancer and that they had been successful in removing all of it. Can't begin to express the relief we felt. The last week has been a series of real highs and lows. Sure gets you to thinking of priorities.  :D

That is great; I hope all goes well.

Crosley.In.AZ

dang good news !!

Not sure how I'd handle this stuff if it was my wife
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

Thanks everyone. I didn't post before because there's been so much bad news lately I didn't want to add too it. Yes it's a fantastic Christmas present, couldn't have asked for better. Crosley, if it were your wife you'd handle it probably the same way we did laughing in rememberence of good times in the past and tears about what we wanted for the future that suddenly look pretty bleak. Looking for info on the net that first night we found statistics that said 45% survival rate beyond 5 years for bladder cancer. When we saw that it was devastating and more then we wanted to know at the time. Deb and Frank we'll keep your friends in our prayers right along with OBT's wife Marsha.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.