Everything but the Kitchen Sink

Started by Bob K, December 04, 2004, 10:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob K

Did anyone that was at the Nat's happen to get a picture of that sink that I bought at the swap meet. George didn't you take a pic of it when it was under the rear bumper of my car? Maybe it was somebody else.
I've got it refinished now and can't find the pic I had of it when I got it.

WOW this is about as off topic a post as I've seen on a car board. I did mention the nats and my bumper though.

B :x B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "Faat Rod"
I've got it refinished now ...........

WOW this is about as off topic a post as I've seen on a car board. I did mention the nats and my bumper though.

B :x B

Ya gona show us the finished sink or what?
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Sean

Why are you buying a Sink at a swap meet anyway?

Bob K

Quote from: "Sean"Why are you buying a Sink at a swap meet anyway?

That's kind of a long story, you'll have to ask Phat Rat, maybe he is the one that took the pictures.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow

Bob
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

purplepickup

Here's a picture of it.  I can't find the good pic.  I thought it would make a good urinal for the garage. :D

George

phat rat

Sorry Bob I didn't get a pic of it. George if you'd see it know you wouldn't think "garage urinal"
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Roadstar

Well that is a cool looking sinks for sure. I would like to see the finished pic.

Only Bob could find a cool sink like that at an automotive swap meet!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Sean

That is a pretty cool looking sink. I take it you did something other than just restoring the enamel?

Bob K

Quote from: "Sean"That is a pretty cool looking sink. I take it you did something other than just restoring the enamel?

Yep, when we noticed what was on the bottom we had  to do something with that. I didn't even see it untill someone noticed it while it was under the rear bumper of my car. Paid big bucks for it too, I think it was 15.00. Turned out really neat.

That's the before shot as seen above, Thanks George, it you run across the good one, send it to me please.

Top view

Bottom View

Not too bad for a minimal investment. Gotta thank Phat Raat for spotting the kitchen sink under that trailer, it made me look and this little bugger was sitting behind it. Might never have seen it other wise. Thanks Jack, you came through again.

B :b-d: B

58 Yeoman

WOW!  What a difference.  Now you can come and do my kitchen sink, which is one of those long cast iron ones with the drainboards built into both sides.  What did you use to redo it?  One of those kits from Home Depot?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Sean

Thats pretty slick. Coming from 4 generations of packratting Plumbers and Pipefitters, I have seen a lot of old sinks. never seen one like that though.

Dad came up with a huge, Eagle Footed cast Iron Tub a while back. Took 5 of us to get it to the upstairs bathroom but it looks good.

purplepickup

What a difference!!  That is awesome.   8)

Here's another "before" pic.  I think the good pics are some that got either deleted or sent to the black hole when I was making CDs for people recently.  This one is cropped out of a much larger picture.

George

Bob K

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"WOW!  What a difference.  Now you can come and do my kitchen sink, which is one of those long cast iron ones with the drainboards built into both sides.  What did you use to redo it?  One of those kits from Home Depot?

Phil: I really ought to be more careful how I phrase my post's, I just went back and reread the original and it sure does look like I meant that I did this myself, when the truth is that I had a professional reporcenalize the sink and then my Bud, Doug Gigstead (DUG) from Sturgeon Bay Wi. did the airbrush work.

Sean, nobody around here either had ever seen anything like it before. Kinda makes me wonder about the history of the piece, there are no markings on it at all.  I think I prolly would have purchased it even if Maggies last words as I was leaving weren't " See if you can find a corner sink for the bathroom remodeling project."

B :oops: B

Bob K

Quote from: "purplepickup"What a difference!!  That is awesome.   8)

Here's another "before" pic.  I think the good pics are some that got either deleted or sent to the black hole when I was making CDs for people recently.  This one is cropped out of a much larger picture.

Thanks George, don't know why I didn't shoot some "Before" pic's, I usually do but I must be suffering from an advanced case of

"CRAFT".

B :oops: B