Not another RED Streetrod!

Started by Roadstar, December 01, 2004, 07:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadstar

Just though I would show a pic of the latest Rod out of my garage.

I like it, the owner likes it, and you should too :lol:

It's all Ford, 351 Winsor/C4 with a 9 inch rear.

Long story....15 year build, three owners, actually started with a Amall block chevy. The last owner said I hate chevys and had me put the Ford drivetrain in it.

Hey who am I to argue. And my Roadster runs sweet with the engine that came out of the 36. :wink:

enjenjo

Looks good Rudy. What shade of red is it? I got sticker shock today, went to Painter's Supply, got two quarts of paint, no red LOL, a can of hardner and a gallon of reducer. $150. They did throw in a couple stir sticks, made in Bangladesh  :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Off the tread, you might try Kirker automotive for paint. They only have 40 colors, though. I buy it from smartshoppersinc.com. The red urethane is $71 for 3 qts and 1 qt of activator.
TEAM SMART

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Roadstar"Just though I would show a pic of the latest Rod out of my garage.

I like it, the owner likes it, and you should too :lol:

snip:

I like it; well done Rudy.

I must admit I find this whole 'brand loyalty' thing a bit strange.  Some people look at my pickup, and put me down because it doesn't run a Ford engine.  Some seem to get quite passionate about it.

Apart from the brand, a SBC/SBF have more in common than a SBF and a flathead; smilarly with a 'babbit pounder' Chevy six.  In most respects a stock SBC is superior to the Ford equivalent, $ for $.  The heads are a good example.

After all, we are supposedly building the rod for better performance and appearance; to meet our personal prefereces, so does the engine brand really matter.

56ngirl

Quote from: "Pope Downunder
I must admit I find this whole 'brand loyalty' thing a bit strange.  Some people look at my pickup, and put me down because it doesn't run a Ford engine.  Some seem to get quite passionate about it.

"What do you drive?" they ask
"a ZR2 Jimmy" I say...
"Oh, you're a Chevy girl..." some say/sneer/whatever
"and I own a Dodge Monaco"
"How can you be in to Mopar when you drive a chevy" they say with a raised eyebrow
"and I have three fords"
"That doesn't make any sense; then what kind of car person are you?"

"I'm a car enthusiast." I smile. :D

EMSjunkie

"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Charlie Chops 1940

I'm liking that! Red's good.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

47wood

Sweeeeet ride ...nice clean job!  That looks like Torch Red, or as we say down here "resale red."  Thanks for sharing.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Roadstar

Sean

Good looking car. My favorite year for early Fords, but my Wife thinks they're ugly. For that matter, she thinks all the older cars are ugly, except for '69 Camaros...

C9

Quote from: "enjenjo"Looks good Rudy. What shade of red is it? I got sticker shock today, went to Painter's Supply, got two quarts of paint, no red LOL, a can of hardner and a gallon of reducer. $150. They did throw in a couple stir sticks, made in Bangladesh  :shock:

You may want to take a look here.
I'm leaning toward black (right now) for the 31 and their prices look good.

Someone here on the RRT or maybe the HAMB used this and recommended it as very good paint.

http://home.att.net/~brer/products.html
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

C9

"I must admit I find this whole 'brand loyalty' thing a bit strange.  Some people look at my pickup, and put me down because it doesn't run a Ford engine.  Some seem to get quite passionate about it."

Me too.

At one of the summer A&W rod runs in Visalia, one guy was almost frothing at the mouth cuz I was running a 462" Buick instead of the popular SBC.
That was a strange experience.

Next time out, the same guy was there, but he stayed away from me until I got ready to leave.
(One of the good parts about the A&W rod runs is that the police put in a presence there. They usually had a plain black cop car parked on the side street (the A&W was on a corner) and most participants knew about the cop car.
A few muscle car driving souls got busted when they did a burnout past the place. That was ok with us cuz there were lots of pedestrians and kids at these functions.)

Anyway, I fired the roadster and was waiting for some people to walk by when the frothing guy came over and insisted I do a burnout.
I mean, really insistent.
He knew there was a cop car there and probably would have enjoyed me getting busted.
Some people find their humor in strange places.

When I left - no burnouts, just easy and careful driving - I could see frothing guy turn and stomp off.

Never saw him there again.
I think he got arrested for being terminally stupid....
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Dirk35

Jay, if they could arrest people for being terminally stupid, Oklahoma would be a ghost state!

HeHe, nah, Im sure everyone thinks that while their driving.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Dirk35"Jay, if they could arrest people for being terminally stupid, Oklahoma would be a ghost state!

HeHe, nah, Im sure everyone thinks that while their driving.

So which jail do you think you would be in? :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

You do good work Rudy.  The car looks nice and functional without unnecessary geegaws or sloppy work....very sanitary.  I like cars that are cleanly detailed....like your '40. 8)
George