Dura spark problem

Started by 48ford, November 21, 2004, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

Hi,
My boy Tim has a problem,he has no spark,the monarch (351W) just quit,no spark.so he removed the msd box and went back to the dura spark,now the only spark we get is when we first start cranking or release the key from start to run and it's only a spark for a split second.
Any Ideas?
How 'bout those buckeyes?
Thanks Russ&Irene

enjenjo

There are two wires that supply power for the Duraspark, a red one and a white one. the white on usually comes from the ignition switch, and the red one usually comes from the I terminal of the starter solenoid. I say usually, because on some models they are reversed. Sounds like you are getting power from the solenoid, but not from the ignition switch. these hook to the duraspark box in a two wire plug, seperate from the other wires. I'd look there first.

The wire from the igniotion switch supplies power at a reduced voltage, I have seen boxes that would work off the soleniod, but not off the ignition. Check it with a manual and a multimeter.

Last I have had pickup modules that would do this because the resistance values were wrong, this can be checked with a multimeter too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.